+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree714Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Oh wow, does that sound good! I had a salad with beets and a little tuna mixed with Greek yogurt and curry. I ate it early because I'm trying to not eat within 3 hours of bedtime, but then later I caved in to a small packet of Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered carmel. I regretted it as soon as I started eating them, but couldn't stop. I kicked myself after, but that was the only chocolate in the house and I had a sweet craving.
    Count your blessings!

My go-to "man, I'm hungry but I shouldn't eat" snack is Trader Joe's maple and brown sugar oatmeal with some tart dried Montmorency cherries. The cherries cut the sweetness of the oatmeal and it fills me up.

Apparently, I really like maple a lot. I love the smokiness it adds and you don't have to use much. It's yummy with sweet potatoes too and not too sweet when you pair them with a meat and onions. It's become my go-to dinner. Easy and it always come out great.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Last night was "treat night": rib-eyes with baked potatoes and green beans.
    Critical likes this.

Tarte D'Alsace (ham, Gruyere and caramelized onions - YUM!) from Trader Joe's. A total splurge. I'm eating a nice spinach salad in a little while to make up for it a bit.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Critical, I had spinach salad, too. With a grilled teriyaki pork chop. I love anything with carmelized onions! Was the tart good?

Critical - that's one of my favorite things that they make. I had a turkey and provolone 6" sub from Subway with all the veggies and no oil/sauce- free! I have one of their cards that you get points every time you go and eventually they add up to a free sub.
    Count your blessings!

What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Critical - that's one of my favorite things that they make. I had a turkey and provolone 6" sub from Subway with all the veggies and no oil/sauce- free! I have one of their cards that you get points every time you go and eventually they add up to a free sub.
    It's one of my favorites too! I'm usually pretty frugal - financially and calorie-wise - but I can't stay away from that tart! I also like the wild mushroom and black truffle flatbread, but I didn't get it this time.

I used to work for someone who loves Subway. We got lunch from there so much that I actually got sick of it. I used to love it, but I haven't been there in a few years.

They've come up with some new combos. You might find something you like. I can't imagine ever getting sick of it, but I don't eat there often because I'm shying away from bread. I get the multigrain/oat usually.
    Count your blessings!

Tonight's going to either be Progresso lentil soup and cheese and crackers or we are eating out at our local restaurant that has half price appetizers all day Mondays where I can get a fabulous hummus platter for $5 tonight. Last night we had NY strip loin roast with mustard sauce (dijon, reduced fat sour cream, and lemon juice) with roasted root vegetables (turnips, carrots, mushrooms, daikon radish because they didn't have celery root, and shallots) and a spinach salad with pear, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese, walnuts and a dijon vinegarette. It was awesome if I do say so myself. I also need a day break from serious cooking.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Tarte D'Alsace (ham, Gruyere and caramelized onions - YUM!) from Trader Joe's. A total splurge. I'm eating a nice spinach salad in a little while to make up for it a bit.
    We have a Trader's Joes at the far side of town and I hardly ever go there (sacrilege?), but next time I am there I will look for this. It sounds delicious.

I've got stuffed peppers in the oven for tonight's dinner.

+ Reply to Thread