+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 160 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Dinner tonight was farfalle (bowtie) pasta with alfredo sauce mixed with broccoli, zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, squash. I had a little pre-dinner mishap, though...I singed the ends of my hair.
    Oops :-)

Today was one of those "leave for swim meet at 3:30" days, so we had tuna fish salad sandwiches :-) And then I picked up a cheese pizza (with extra cheese) on the way home.

Fort Member

I have the flu so its soup again its all i can stomach. I did make up some jelly as well so maybe just jelly, Raspberry Jelly, sounds good, may have to send hubby out for some icrcream as well

I just made bratwurst for the first time! Delish!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I was feeling so lazy that I ordered a pizza. Then it came and I discovered it had almost NO toppings on it. It's a chicken BBQ, so it never has red sauce - they put BBQ sauce on top - and there were slices with NO toppings (including no cheese), only sauce. Almost no red onion and NO bacon. Literally, just crust and sauce and a bit of chicken and cheese. I'm waiting for them to bring me another one and trying not to be paranoid about someone spitting on it or something.

I'll cut people a lot of slack, but I'm not paying for this one. I tried to be nice when I called about it, but seriously. WTF!? Who looked at that pizza and thought it was acceptable? Maybe they are slammed tonight, but the delivery was 10 minutes early. They could have spent at least 5 of those minutes putting toppings on my pizza.

I'm really hungry now.

ETA: They delivered the new pizza in maybe 20 minutes and it's perfect.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-26-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was feeling so lazy that I ordered a pizza. Then it came and I discovered it had almost NO toppings on it. It's a chicken BBQ, so it never has red sauce - they put BBQ sauce on top - and there were slices with NO toppings (including no cheese), only sauce. Almost no red onion and NO bacon. Literally, just crust and sauce and a bit of chicken and cheese. I'm waiting for them to bring me another one and trying not to be paranoid about someone spitting on it or something.

I'll cut people a lot of slack, but I'm not paying for this one. I tried to be nice when I called about it, but seriously. WTF!? Who looked at that pizza and thought it was acceptable? Maybe they are slammed tonight, but the delivery was 10 minutes early. They could have spent at least 5 of those minutes putting toppings on my pizza.

I'm really hungry now.

ETA: They delivered the new pizza in maybe 20 minutes and it's perfect.
    20 minutes. If you lived in NYC that is grounds for suing. :smile
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Considering it's a Saturday night, I'd call making a new pizza, baking it and finding a free driver to deliver it pretty darned fast!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I made macaroni and cheese tonight, but I didn't remember that we were out of milk until I already had started. So I sauteed onions and garlic and added flour to make a roux, and then I added chicken stock, a little water, and some sour cream. I had some leftover butternut squash, so I added that. And then I threw in two cubes of pesto, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ground mustard, tumeric, and thyme), and a bunch of cheese. I put it in a casserole dish and covered the top with panko and Parmesan cheese.

My son ate about two cups (which didn't fit in the casserole dish) while he tried to identify all the ingredients :-) He only missed a couple of the spices.

And it's good :-)
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I made macaroni and cheese tonight, but I didn't remember that we were out of milk until I already had started. So I sauteed onions and garlic and added flour to make a roux, and then I added chicken stock, a little water, and some sour cream. I had some leftover butternut squash, so I added that. And then I threw in two cubes of pesto, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ground mustard, tumeric, and thyme), and a bunch of cheese. I put it in a casserole dish and covered the top with panko and Parmesan cheese.

My son ate about two cups (which didn't fit in the casserole dish) while he tried to identify all the ingredients :-) He only missed a couple of the spices.

And it's good :-)
    Wow. Isn't cooking fun? I am liking it more and more. It makes eating fun, too. Good job on the Mac and Cheese.

Tonight - Lost Coast Brewery Tangerine Wheat waiting for the tortilla soup to finish cooking. Scroll down the page on the blog for the recipe. It smells delicious! I got a handheld blender today and am using it on the soup. It was fantastic to mince the garlic with the chopper feature. I'll blend the soup in a bit.
    Ellen likes this.

Maple sweet potatoes with chicken and onions.

+ Reply to Thread