+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 196 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree923Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

We've been invited to a friend's home for dinner tonight but I made a big pot of pasta with lentils for my vegetarian son. I'm also going to bring some tomorrow to my eldest son when we go visit.

484892_4108614035011_380825947_n.jpg

I had dinner at a friend's house yesterday where she served salmon pie... a traditional French Canadian dish served during Lent to get children to eat their fish (to hear her tell it). I found it pretty bland, which I guess is the point. I like salmon so I don't need to have it watered down with potatoes. I also would never make it for myself because of all the "white" carbs (crust, potatoes).
    Count your blessings!

I am going to make Tortilla Soup and Asian Broccoli Slaw, inspired by Claire Thomas' Food for Thought show.

We had American Chop Suey. (After all, it was an afternoon full of football and I didn't want to spend the entire time in the kitchen ;-) )

(And Cootie, that recipe for tortilla soup is really close to what I made on Friday :-).)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    We had American Chop Suey. (After all, it was an afternoon full of football and I didn't want to spend the entire time in the kitchen ;-) )

(And Cootie, that recipe for tortilla soup is really close to what I made on Friday :-).)
    I ended up just making the Asian Broccoli Slaw, I will try and make the soup tomorrow and eat the leftover salad with it. The salad was terrific! Very colorful and tasty. I do want to try the Black Bean burgers at another time. I like learning how to make good tasting meatless meals.

Fort Member

Soup for us too. Tomato soup with crusty bread

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had dinner at a friend's house yesterday where she served salmon pie... a traditional French Canadian dish served during Lent to get children to eat their fish (to hear her tell it). I found it pretty bland, which I guess is the point. I like salmon so I don't need to have it watered down with potatoes. I also would never make it for myself because of all the "white" carbs (crust, potatoes).
    Is your friend usually a good cook? I am French Canadian and I don't make bland food. The one she possibly made you is the "spread a meal for a family inexpensive dish" you use tinned salmon and make a cream sauce with potatoes and peas (sort of like a chicken pot pie but with salmon instead).

Last night I made my daughter's favourite- cheater's chicken parm. Store bought chicken breast fillets (for Canadian's I used President's Choice Southern ones) linguini noodles with meat sauce.

I am having an 80s themed dinner party on Saturday for people who prefer chicken to any other protein. I am thinking Picatta not for any particular 80s reference but because I really like it.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Chicken breasts ,with onions & garlic . Simmer them in some sweet chilli sauce to have with noodles and baby bok choy
    beerbelly likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Steak fingers, Potatoes and garlic bread.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, peas, and applesauce.

+ Reply to Thread