+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 424 FirstFirst ... 322372412413414415416417418419420421422423424 LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 4235
Like Tree2611Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

BBQ pork sandwich, coleslaw and mac n cheese.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

It's only 8 degrees today and I couldn't decide which soup I wanted to make, so I have 3 crock pots going at once: 1 with chicken noodle & dumpling soup, 1 with stuffed green pepper soup and 1 with cabbage roll soup because you have to eat cabbage on New Year's Day to have good luck throughout the year.

I also got lots of crackers, Hawaiian rolls and buttery ciabatta bread to sop up all the juice. Our house smells amazing.
    Arielflies and Stargazer161 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    It's only 8 degrees today and I couldn't decide which soup I wanted to make, so I have 3 crock pots going at once: 1 with chicken noodle & dumpling soup, 1 with stuffed green pepper soup and 1 with cabbage roll soup because you have to eat cabbage on New Year's Day to have good luck throughout the year.

I also got lots of crackers, Hawaiian rolls and buttery ciabatta bread to sop up all the juice. Our house smells amazing.
    Those sound amazing!! Can I come over?

I didn't know about cabbage's good luck properties; it's -3 here so I probably won't be going out to get any today (does sauerkraut count? I have a recipe to use that!). I love stuffed green peppers so I'd probably love that soup too, and it is perfect for a cold winter day. Good going there!!
    JosephD likes this.

I'm making sloppy joes tonight with one of those boxed scalloped potatoes.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    "Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone." ~ anon

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Those sound amazing!! Can I come over?

I didn't know about cabbage's good luck properties; it's -3 here so I probably won't be going out to get any today (does sauerkraut count? I have a recipe to use that!). I love stuffed green peppers so I'd probably love that soup too, and it is perfect for a cold winter day. Good going there!!
    Yep, sauerkraut counts. Traditionally, you're supposed to eat corned beef and cabbage but cabbage is the key. Also, don't have any poultry today.....especially chicken. Urban legend says if you eat poultry on New Year's Day, you'll have bad luck all year and that you'll have to "scratch in the dirt" for every little thing you need.
    navybelle likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Making homemade soup...with egg noodles, carrots, celery, zucchini and rotisserie chicken.
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Prime rib roast, baked potato, salad and crescent rolls.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Arielflies likes this.

Dang Joseph , you have 3 crockpots?

Big bottle of Red moscato, Alfredo pasta with summer sausage, mushrooms and fresh parsley , garlic bread with with truffle butter, and trader joe's creme brulee tarte (which I sort of burnt)

Whole30 starts tomorrow! Goodbye sugar and carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    Dang Joseph , you have 3 crockpots?
    Yes, 3 crock pots. We have multiples of lots of things. Brandon had his own crock pot before I came along and I had my own crock pot before Brandon came along. Then, even though we already had the two when we moved in together, my mom gave me her old one because she bought a newer model.

What can I say, my mom is Beverly Goldberg..... ....she loves her 'little boy.'
    Arielflies likes this.

Grilled spicy chicken over a salad...and homemade brownies for dessert.

+ Reply to Thread