+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 169 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I never heard of it till you posted, TripleGemini. So I googled a recipe and made it tonight - sounded like something my husband would love. It is delicious! I don't bake - don't even own a rolling pin - so I used Bisquick (lazy ) and I used mild Italian sausage instead of breakfast sausage. I'm not very talented at sauces and gravies but this turned out perfect. Thanks for the idea! And I hope there was no actual fire.
    My husband would eat it with any kind of sausage The sausage I made was somewhere between medium Italian and breakfast (I know...it sounds weird, but it was really good). And I'm still in the process of mastering biscuits...I only stopped buying Bisquick last spring. (My son was bummed because he had to start making pancakes and waffles completely from scratch, but now he's really good at it.)

And there was no fire :-) I couldn't figure out why the house still smelled so good...until I went into the kitchen and saw the now-carmelized sauce. <sigh>

My husband knows exactly how long it takes me to make different meals because we both work from home :-) And while I do most of the intricate stuff, he makes the mashed potatoes :-)

BTW, dinner tonight was grilled ham and cheese (Muenster for me, mozzarella for the boy, and horseradish cheddar for the hubby). We had a swim meet (we won!) and didn't get home until 8 (after leaving at 4). Tomorrow is burritos (with the homemade taco seasoning).

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Feel better, I'm here!

We had split pea soup and grilled cheese sandwiches; it hit the spot on this chilly day.
    Thanks... I'm trying. But this cold is trying to keep me down.

I'm starting to get sick of chicken noodle soup... I think I'm going to make split pea soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Though.. I am going to add tomato to the sandwich.

Greek salad and zucchini fritters.
    Count your blessings!

Leftover chili!
    beerbelly likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Last night we went to my favorite seafood restaurant, The Crab Pot, and gorged ourselves on crab legs, mussels, salmon, shrimp, clams and oysters, along with corn, andouille sausage and new potatoes - they just dump everything on the table and you eat it with your hands. It's delish! We took home one of their incredible straberry-rhubarb cakes that are SO good. It's sort of like an upside-down cake with yellow cake and the fruit on the bottom. Amazing.

Tonight we had chowder with the tiny bit of seafood that was left, along with the potatoes and corn. I found a copy cat recipe for Red Lobster's cheddar bay biscuits and they were SO good. It's been probably 10 years since I ate at a Red Lobster, so it's been a while since I've eaten those biscuits (really, IMO, the only reason to go to Red Lobster, since their seafood is just okay), but the ones I made tasted pretty close to the real thing. Now I'm going to have to force myself to NOT make them all the time!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, Critical, that sounds yummy :-) (Any chance you want to share the recipe for the cheddar bay biscuits? I *love* those!)

I made pierogies for the first time yesterday :-) The recipe supposedly made a dozen...I made two dozen and still have a lot of dough and stuffing left, so we'll be having them again soon.

I found a BUNCH of recipes for those biscuits and they're all fairly similar, but this is the one I used:
    Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits - ABC News
    They were SO good! Of course, if you mix Bisquick, butter and cheese together, the result is never going to be bad. I had the two leftover ones for breakfast!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks, Critical :-)

I made pasta for the first time tonight :-) I only rolled and cut half the dough, and it was enough for three of us to have decent portions.

Anybody here use a pasta machine? I rolled to size 6, but I'm wondering if I should go thinner. Or thicker. Or something.

My girls both have them, so I'm not in charge of numbers, even though I help hold when it's too long. I'd say thickness is your preference.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread