+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 196 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree923Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Subway in Medford, Oregon on the final miles home from a trip to Southern California. I got some Trader Joe's appetizers while in Medford and looked at those mini-gyros thinking they looked interesting! Am now having a pau hana drink to celebrate a successful 900 mile drive home from our family visit.

Leftovers. All the kids are off to their new year's eve plans and I have the night off.
    Count your blessings!

Surf and Turf done on the BBQ. A nice bottle of wine

Hello 2013.
    Cootie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

For lunch, pig-out take-out: baby-back ribs and baked sweet potatoes from Bubba's BBQ in La Jolla.
    For dinner, an assortment of Trader Joe's appetizers/munchies with a nice sparkly dry cava (Spanish "champagne").
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We're doing a spiral cut ham, with "those" potatoes (the ones with cheese, green onions and more cheese), Brussels sprouts and some sort of salad. No champagne here - we'll be toasting with sparkling cider since no one else in the house but me drinks champagne.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, good grief. This is why you don't send someone to the store with a list. I told my mom I'd fix Brussels sprouts for dinner. She - who, it should be noted, HATES Brussels sprouts (the rest of the family loves them) - came home with a bag of FROZEN Brussels sprouts in one of those steamer bags. I slice them and saute them in olive oil, so yeah, not going to fix frozen Brussels sprouts. She seems puzzled as to why I even think there's any difference. *SIGH*
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oh, good grief. This is why you don't send someone to the store with a list. I told my mom I'd fix Brussels sprouts for dinner. She - who, it should be noted, HATES Brussels sprouts (the rest of the family loves them) - came home with a bag of FROZEN Brussels sprouts in one of those steamer bags. I slice them and saute them in olive oil, so yeah, not going to fix frozen Brussels sprouts. She seems puzzled as to why I even think there's any difference. *SIGH*
    Sabotage...
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ha! to the brussels sprouts!
    I'm going to be putting in the last of the "please the children" meals in a crock pot today... corned beef with all the usual veggies. After that, NOTHING is crossing my threshold in a grocery bag except fruits and veggies. I already have plenty of beans and nuts/seeds. The chef will be the only one left after today, and she's getting her wisdom teeth out on Monday.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Nothing special planned for this evening's meal. Just a quiet day home with hubby so I will probably throw 2 steaks on the grill later today. I am looking forward to getting back into some healthy eating real soon.
    Ellen likes this.

Last night I made shrimp fried rice (with snap peas, mushrooms, zucchini, and pineapple). Tonight I'm making sausage (the seasoned ground pork is in the fridge so the flavors can marry), sausage gravy, and biscuits.

+ Reply to Thread