+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Thanks for the info on tat soi, inthegarden.

I feel like going on a road trip across the U.S. and up to Canada and making a pit stop at each of your houses (if you'll have me) for dinner. Ya'll are such wonderful cooks. I have come to the conclusion that I am not much of a cook in comparison. It's same old, same old around here. Mr. ECM won't eat any lettuce other than iceberg. Yuck!

I love various types of greens, but my husband and son don't. I've tried various ways of cooking them, but still haven't hit on one recipe that we all like.

When I make salmon (which is relatively frequently...we can get fresh seafood at the grocery store), I either marinate it in a soy mixture and then use a griddle pan (one with the bumps in the bottom), or I bake it with a lemon-dill butter. (And yes, I know it sounds like I cook with a lot of butter, but it's generally only a tablespoon for about a pound of protein because I mix it with other stuff.)

And I'm Here, you're welcome at any time :-)
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Thanks for the info on tat soi, inthegarden.

I feel like going on a road trip across the U.S. and up to Canada and making a pit stop at each of your houses (if you'll have me) for dinner. Ya'll are such wonderful cooks. I have come to the conclusion that I am not much of a cook in comparison. It's same old, same old around here. Mr. ECM won't eat any lettuce other than iceberg. Yuck!
    Just let me know when you are on your way ECM
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We BBQ it . I found something called Salmon Magic, its a wonderful seasoning ECM
    Where did you buy it, Fanny? I want to try it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Where did you buy it, Fanny? I want to try it.
    Save on foods is the only place I can find it now. Sobeys did carry it, but every time we went - they were out.I actually mailed some to a friend of mine in Halifax, because she couldn't find any.
    -Andy Rooney-

I always look for stuff like that on amazon and am seldom disappointed.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I always look for stuff like that on amazon and am seldom disappointed.
    I would if I was in the US. Amazon.ca doesn't carry it
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight I'm having...

Flounder... with an Oh soooo yummy topping. I found it on the net...

Flounder is marinated in lemon juice and old bay seasoning.
    Topping is: Parmesan cheese, melted butter, mayonnaise and chopped green onions. Baked until golden brown and bubbly... OMG! Its really good!

Along with that I'm having a spinach salad.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    "slimy" iceburg lettuce? I'm scared....
    The words "slimy" lettuce along with "gummy" white bread is a family joke. My sister (a Registered Dietitian) would use those words with iceburg lettuce and white bread when she was reforming my parents southern way of eating. She encouraged them to eat greens higher in nutrients, whole grain breads and not cook everything to death.

ECM Try slipping a few different greens in along the way. So far its been successful with Mr. Ing.
    Come on by, it would be fun.

Tonight we are having stuffed red bell peppers (stuffing; brown rice, celery, onion, corn, black beans and tomatoes),
    Butter beans and steamed carrots.

I found Paul Prudhomme Salmon Magic. Is that the same seasoning? If it is, most grocery stores in the US carry his seasoning. It would be considered a Cajun seasoning.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 09-27-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    The words "slimy" lettuce along with "gummy" white bread is a family joke. My sister (a Registered Dietitian) would use those words with iceburg lettuce and white bread when she was reforming my parents southern way of eating. She encouraged them to eat greens higher in nutrients, whole grain breads and not cook everything to death.

ECM Try slipping a few different greens in along the way. So far its been successful with Mr. Ing.
    Come on by, it would be fun.

Tonight we are having stuffed red bell peppers (stuffing; brown rice, celery, onion, corn, black beans and tomatoes),
    Butter beans and steamed carrots.
    Gotcha!!! I was wondering about "slimy and gummy" just makes a person go... MMmmmyuck... I'm eating out tonight? Southern food is quite good but sure doesn't help when on a diet.

Now.. the stuffed peppers.... that excites me... Without a doubt, one of my favorite meals!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread