+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The Mongolie Grill.

It says we invite you to channel your inner chef and create your own stir-fry. Customize your creation at our fresh food bar by selecting from hand-picked garden vegetables, premium meats, fresh wild seafood, and made-from-scratch sauces. There are countless flavour combinations, so get creative! The result is a tasty and healthy meal, cooked to perfection by our grill masters and served fresh. Come join us for lunch or dinner whenever your inner chef needs exercising.
    We have a place like that here. I haven't tried it yet because I'm not too fond of places like that. I'd rather point to something on a menu and have it brought to my table. For some reason, I feel more like I'm bothering the chef when they have to prepare something for me right there on the spot. I suppose it's the same thing if they're back in the kitchen I just don't see it. For that same reason, I don't like buffets where you can get omelettes made to order or where they have carving stations to get your meat.

I was painfully shy while growing up and that still manifests itself in strange ways. I have a difficult time asking for help or asking someone to do something for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    We have a place like that here. I haven't tried it yet because I'm not too fond of places like that. I'd rather point to something on a menu and have it brought to my table. For some reason, I feel more like I'm bothering the chef when they have to prepare something for me right there on the spot. I suppose it's the same thing if they're back in the kitchen I just don't see it. For that same reason, I don't like buffets where you can get omelettes made to order or where they have carving stations to get your meat.

I was painfully shy while growing up and that still manifests itself in strange ways. I have a difficult time asking for help or asking someone to do something for me.
    This is set up for this type of dining. Where you pick up the veggies etc, its all open, and the chefs are right behind waiting for you. Its neat, hubby and I really like it. They still bring it to the table. When its busy, I dont know how they keep track- but they do

I found one like this when were on holidays , and it was all seafood. Trust me, you wouldn't be bothering anyone .
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-30-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I'm not a fan of buffets at all... I suppose because of the germ factor... and the lack of control at keeping it sanitized. Not that I can control what goes on in the kitchens. All I know is... when I've been to a buffets... I've witness people touching the food and/or sneezing/coughing near the food. Some how it makes me feel better when I'm not seeing it happen....

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not usually a germaphobe when it comes to buffets but some places are so bad, I won't eat there anymore. Especially buffets where families go and little kids help themselves. My family stopped going to Bonanza years ago after seeing a little girl blissfully licking the big spoon in the vanilla pudding.

I hate to be a grinch but seriously kids need to be accompanied to the buffet or have their parents fix their plate until they get old enough to learn not to do that type of thing!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I'm not a fan of buffets at all... I suppose because of the germ factor... and the lack of control at keeping it sanitized. Not that I can control what goes on in the kitchens. All I know is... when I've been to a buffets... I've witness people touching the food and/or sneezing/coughing near the food. Some how it makes me feel better when I'm not seeing it happen....
    I don't like buffets, this is all uncooked : up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We had crockpot lasagna tonight with a salad.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Pork and chive dumplings and creole rice and beans. More chocolate cookies for desert!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I've been snacking all afternoon - mozzerella on crispy, seeded crackers with garlic olives, roasted brussels sprouts, a cold slice of turkey with maple syrup mustard, oven-fried sweet potato chips, clementines... I think I'll have a cup of hot tea and call it even.
    Cootie and I'm here like this.
    Count your blessings!

Guttmutter - you made my mouth water! Yum!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Sautéed cabbage and flat-leaf parsley, chicken-apple-chardonnay sausage, potato-cheddar pierogi.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread