+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree745Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Pass the sweet potato fries but pass on the salmon. I know it is a very popular fish but I just have never enjoyed it. How do you prepare it, Fanny Mare?
    We BBQ it . I found something called Salmon Magic, its a wonderful seasoning ECM
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Tonight is swordfish, probably with sweet potatoes (but maybe orzo...depends ;-)). Last night was steamed mussels followed by ribeye and mashed cauliflower, and the night before was baked chicken (with spiced butter under the skin...I used garlic and onion powders, salt, Hungarian paprika, and a few others) with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Tomorrow will probably be pasta, probably with pesto.

I haven't gotten any further than that :-)
    WOW!!!! I know where I want to go for dinner.....
    TripleGemini and inthegarden like this.

Pass the sweet potato fries but pass on the salmon. I know it is a very popular fish but I just have never enjoyed it. How do you prepare it, Fanny Mare?

I know you asked Fanny Mare... but I'm adding my delicious way too. If NOT only for the yummy rub. Its a brown sugar and mustard rub.

Made either in a iron skillet or the BBQ.

Sooooooooooooooo good!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I know you asked Fanny Mare... but I'm adding my delicious way too. If NOT only for the yummy rub. Its a brown sugar and mustard rub.

Made either in a iron skillet or the BBQ.

Sooooooooooooooo good!
    I like that as well. I tell ya though, if you ever see Salmon Magic( which seems to disappear off of every shelf these day)
    its good stuff! I got three last time because I knew if I only got one, I wouldn't be able to find it.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like that as well. I tell ya though, if you ever see Salmon Magic( which seems to disappear off of every shelf these day)
    its good stuff! I got three last time because I knew if I only got one, I wouldn't be able to find it.
    No wonder its hard to find... when um.. people are buying it all up....

I think chicken pot pie is my favorite meal to make with leftover chicken. I cheat, though, and use either the frozen pie crusts or the Pillsbury ones from the dairy case. What is tat soi, inthegarden? I've never heard of that green.

I buy it in a mix of greens called Supergreens by Organicgirl. It is high in nutrients and very tasty.
    Tatsoi or Tat soi is an Asian green and taste like a mild mustard green. It is also called flat cabbage, rosette bok choy, spoon cabbage or spinach mustard. The mix is high in nutrients. It can be stir fried or wilted.
    I add slimy iceburg lettuce to Mr. Ing so he will eat it. I add romaine to mine. I enjoy the mix of flavors of the different greens.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I buy it in a mix of greens called Supergreens by Organicgirl. It is high in nutrients and very tasty.
    Tatsoi or Tat soi is an Asian green and taste like a mild mustard green. It is also called flat cabbage, rosette bok choy, spoon cabbage or spinach mustard. The mix is high in nutrients. It can be stir fried or wilted.
    I add slimy iceburg lettuce to Mr. Ing so he will eat it. I add romaine to mine. I enjoy the mix of flavors of the different greens.
    Himm sounds so good! Chinese cabbage and baby bok choy, they are so good for us.They have more nutrients than say than say broccoli . I love baby bok choy sauteed in garlic( just a little)
    TripleGemini likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight:
    Oriental Vegetables with Chicken.
    Super easy, quick & good.
    My kind of cooking.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

"slimy" iceburg lettuce? I'm scared....
    inthegarden likes this.

Tatsoi or Tat soi is an Asian green and taste like a mild mustard green. It is also called flat cabbage, rosette bok choy, spoon cabbage or spinach mustard.
    I haven't tried that... but I sure will. I LOVE cabbage, bok choy and mustard greens. Throw in brussel sprouts and I'm a happy girl!!!!

+ Reply to Thread