+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 195 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree922Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Roast chicken, sweet potatoes and parsnips. I have had a craving for smashed potatoes and lots of gravy.

I am soooooooooo into parsnips right now. Also... butternut squash. I've been roasting the two and just snacking on them. They never seem to make the dinner plate.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Meatloaf, potatoes and breadsticks.
    My husband's favorite dinner! Its a recipe from Lidia's Italy. The meatloaf has ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese mixed with the meat. It stays SUPER moist! If you haven't made meatloaf like that... you should try it. SOOO GOOD!

Dinner tonight we are having.... chilli.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    For us, too. We went to dinner here:
    Cowboy Star | For reservations, please call 619.450.5880
    Not only excellent steak, but I was impressed that the chef tackled Brussels sprouts (one of my faves, IF done right!) as the featured side of the night.
    P.S. The waiter gave away a few secrets, which hubby and I totally plan to use in our kitchen!
    Care to share? I love LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts. Did the chef peel them? Cut them? Roast them? Saute them? I just gotta know...

I know... I'm obnoxious... but still curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Happy anniversary to I'm here & happy birthday to Fanny Mare!
    Best wishes for a wonderful day and good dinners!

Hubby & I are celebrating early by going out tomorrow; our 18th anniversary is Monday.
    Happy Anniversay to you Ellen... I hit the "like" button but didn't actually say it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Care to share? I love LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts. Did the chef peel them? Cut them? Roast them? Saute them? I just gotta know...

I know... I'm obnoxious... but still curious.
    I would also love to know.I love brussel sprouts ( yummy) My son calls them little beasties and refuses to eat them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight: steak, baked potatoes, butternut squash. (My husband bought baking potatoes by mistake last week. Thus, we're eating a lot of baked potatoes ;-) )

And today I finished the fresh pumpkin for pies and bread next month :-) (It's draining right now, then I'll bag it and freeze it.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Tonight: steak, baked potatoes, butternut squash. (My husband bought baking potatoes by mistake last week. Thus, we're eating a lot of baked potatoes ;-) )

And today I finished the fresh pumpkin for pies and bread next month :-) (It's draining right now, then I'll bag it and freeze it.)

YUMMY to all... I love baked potatoes. Though, I don't make them often enough. But, when I do... I love to stuff them.. cheese and bacon.. and sour cream and don't forget the chives.

Did you keep the seeds? Roast the seeds? I love pumpkin seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    YUMMY to all... I love baked potatoes. Though, I don't make them often enough. But, when I do... I love to stuff them.. cheese and bacon.. and sour cream and don't forget the chives.

Did you keep the seeds? Roast the seeds? I love pumpkin seeds.
    I don't...I tried one year but got frustrated trying to clean them.

And we do like baked potatoes, although I usually don't make them more than once a week.

OMG. I'm heading out of town for a few days and wanted to use up the produce in my fridge that is over a week old already. I had no idea what to make so I used a website to suggest recipes based on what I had on hand...and I ended up making these incredible Greek Pitas. Sauteed chicken breast cubes with a bit of the greek dressing tossed in for flavour (I added some sun dried tomatoes with a bit of the oil when the chicken was almost done). Tossed in a bowl: 3 chopped bell peppers, a diced cucumber, diced red onion and crumbled feta cheese. Greek dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and dijon mustard. Served with pita bread (I had some naan bread so I'm using that). WOW! This is now on my regular list of awesome quick dinners!!!
    I'm here likes this.
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread