+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Sauteed chicken livers with caramelized onions, bacon, and rice.
    beerbelly likes this.

Yum! I'm going to put that on my menu this week.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

How we know I'm feeling better: I'm cooking again!

Last night, I made...well, I'm not sure what to call it. I had shrimp, a container of green beans (from an Omaha Steaks care package from a friend following my transplant), and onions (from the farmer's market).

So I sauteed some bacon lardons. While they were cooking, I made linguine. Pulled the lardons when cooked, added sliced onions and garlic to the pan. Sauteed for a bit (just until soft), then added white wine. Cooked off the wine and scraped up the bits on the bottom. Added three ladle fulls of pasta water and two tablespoons of butter. Added the shrimp, and, after a couple of minutes, the green beans. When the shrimp were almost finished, I added the linguine and tossed in the lardons. Added some freshly grated pecorino romano.

It was really good :-) I served it with a Greek salad (cukes, tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta in a red wine vinegar vinaigrette.

Good Lord! What a feast! Sounds absolutely delicious. Glad you're up and cooking again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Good Lord! What a feast! Sounds absolutely delicious. Glad you're up and cooking again.
    Thanks! Me, too :-)

Tonight was (brined) pork chops with caramelized apples and onions, mashed potatoes, and broccoli, with a pan sauce. I got some gorgeous pork chops at the store last week (6 huge chops for $11...bonus!). And the onions and broccoli were from my CSA.

I might be done for a couple of days now :-) (First, I have to figure out what grocery store to go to given the Market Basket situation. But we're almost out of milk and half-and-half, so I've got to figure it out quickly.)
    Gutmutter and Cootie like this.

Tonight was lasagna with garlic bread. (I had sauce in the freezer, so it was easy to pull together. And it lasts more than one day!)

I waited to fix dinner as it was about 100 degrees at 6:00pm! I grilled chicken breast and zucchini from our garden. We also had beets that we grew which I serve cold marinated in vinegar and a bit of sugar. Ahh summer, I love it.
    Gutmutter and TripleGemini like this.

We had massive thunderstorms yesterday morning (and a tornado touched down in the city south of me), so we had cool weather all day. Right now, it's 65F at 9 am...looks like another fairly cool day.
    Cootie likes this.

Are you talking about Revere? Scary. We had bad storms, too. I had to get on the floor and hold the kittens on my lap because their mom was hiding and they were scared.
    On topic - I just cooked down some onions and mushrooms with a little butter and cream and had it over pasta. A little indulgent, but YUM!
    Count your blessings!

We are having a spinach salad .I got some EVOO with lime, and when I add feta to the salad , well its all kinds of yummy. I also have some chicken wings to have tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread