+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree910Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

I made one of *my* salads tonight. Boston lettuce from Sunday's Farmer's Market, tomatoes, cukes, bocconcini, mandarin oranges, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tuna, and olives. With my own balsamic vinaigrette.

I had two servings :-) (This is a lot for someone who hasn't been eating all that much lately.) It was so good!
    Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.

I picked squash in the garden today! So we're having squash, purple hull peas, new potatoes and something else...*thinking* thinking*
    Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Grilled salmon, broccoli, and bowtie pasta alfredo.

Takeout from Fratellos, a fabulous Italian restaurant in Laconia NH. Just down the street from where hubby has been in the hospital for the past 4 nights and due to stay for one more. The hospital food is really mediocre, and since we're on vacation it was an easy call to splurge. Fortunately they do takeout. It's far enough from the lakeside cabin where we're (meaning me) staying we never would have made it to Fratellos otherwise. I recommend it for whatever reason you may be in the area. ;^)

We are having BBQ chicken, sweet potato fries( as I am addicted to them) and a salad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

over sweet potato fries, Fanny. I love them.

Once a week I eat a can of tuna fish, with lettuce, tomatoes, and cukes and exactly 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Tonight was the night and I can't say I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    over sweet potato fries, Fanny. I love them.

Once a week I eat a can of tuna fish, with lettuce, tomatoes, and cukes and exactly 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Tonight was the night and I can't say I loved it.
    I shall have a few- just for you .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Takeout from Fratellos, a fabulous Italian restaurant in Laconia NH. Just down the street from where hubby has been in the hospital for the past 4 nights and due to stay for one more. The hospital food is really mediocre, and since we're on vacation it was an easy call to splurge. Fortunately they do takeout. It's far enough from the lakeside cabin where we're (meaning me) staying we never would have made it to Fratellos otherwise. I recommend it for whatever reason you may be in the area. ;^)
    Oh, no...I hope he'll be OK! And yes, hospital food should be so much better than it is.

Tonight was salad night :-) I got some gorgeous lettuces from my farmer this week (of course, I don't remember the names, but one was green and one was purple, and there was arugula), and I added my usual stuff (cukes, tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, black olives, hard-boiled eggs, and tuna). Because I can no longer eat blue cheese, I got some bottled dressing when grocery shopping this week, and put dabs of it on the salad, and then used a couple of tablespoons of my balsamic vinaigrette. Yum :-)

(And my husband loved it, too, which is good because his work is starting a "healthy exercise/eating/reduce stress" program in July, and salads play into that quite well.)
    Brooks likes this.

My wonderful hubby made a delicious Thai rice-noodle salad (his own "recipe") with chicken, shrimp, assorted veggies, peanuts, Thai basil, mint, a spicy dressing, and other stuff.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We're having one of those small netted turkeys and a salad for supper tonight.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread