+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree872Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Hamburger's with salsa, hubby makes great burgers. We also have corn- and for dessert some chocolate ripple ice cream
    Cootie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We grilled burgers on the grill tonight. Also, had potato salad and corn. I'm upset I forgot the watermelon! lol

A friend of mine ordered us an immense amount of food from Omaha Steak...two huge coolers worth. So last night, we had filet mignon, potatoes au gratin, and creamed spinach. And tiramisu. Wow, their food is good!

Last Sunday, I got a pork belly at the Farmer's Market, so I'm making that today for Father's Day. (One of the new vendors raises grass-fed beef, pork, lamb, and goat. But because I've never seen pork belly in any of my local stores, I started with that.) I haven't quite decided what else we're having with it...some of it will depend on what we get today at the market.

I roasted some marrow bones in the oven, cooked some brown rice pasta and scooped out the marrow into the pasta with some garlic and shaved parmesan. Oh man!
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

We had steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and garlic bread. I also smoked a pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches this week.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I am about to go harvest bok choi from my garden. We will have something with that. Probably with chicken, too. Soup? Stir Fry? I am going to ponder it while I work out there.
    inthegarden likes this.

Hubby made a Lebanese dish from his new cookbook (recipes from various San Diego restaurants). A beef kabob seasoned with an insanely good spice/herb blend along with feta cheese, kalamata olives, salad, whole-wheat flatbread.
    I love this man.
    Critical and Cootie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Pork belly with carrots and onions, and sauteed baby bok choy. For dessert, strawberry-rhubarb shortcake? (It was supposed to be a cobbler but I made biscuits instead. And whipped cream.)

Feeling lazy tonight, so I just made a batch of dirty rice. I had a salad earlier. More watermelon later. I've just now cut up part of the second half of that monster melon. The container I'm putting it in is 10 cups and one quarter of it barely fits. Thank GOD it's a good one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yesterday was an early lab / transplant clinic visit day, so I didn't feel like cooking. We had fried chicken delivered :-) (We found a place nearby that makes the best fried chicken ever, and it comes with mashed potatoes and gravy, and cole slaw. And there are always leftovers :-) )

+ Reply to Thread