+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree714Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

I'm home! And apart from the fact that it takes me a really long time to get up the stairs (which is where the bathroom is) and that I can't get into my (raised) antique bed by myself, it's awesome :-)

One of my clients sent us a "dinner delivery" gift certificate, so we had Chinese food for dinner last night. I'm still not eating much (but honestly, I didn't eat all that much before). The nicest part? The kitchen was a mess...and the boys cleaned it up :-)
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.

HOME TripleGemini.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Its always nice to be home Triple G!! I am so happy for you.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We're having roasted chicken tonight, and sweet peas.
    nennie likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Linguini & clams with peas on the side.
    I got the recipe off the internet off my Start page. When I got this computer the Start page has a lot of apps & stuff that changes pictures every 10 seconds or so. I never thought I'd use it. Cooking & new recipes aren't exactly my thing. But this one jumped out at me. When I clicked on it I found out it was relatively quick & easy & used ingredients I usually have around the house, even white wine. Pretty much the only thing I had to buy was the clams.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just reading about how good clams are for you. I was wondering how to use them in a recipe. Did you use fresh or canned?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was just reading about how good clams are for you. I was wondering how to use them in a recipe. Did you use fresh or canned?
    The recipe called for fresh, but I used canned. I've cooked fresh before & it's a bit of a pain dealing with the shells. Not horrible or anything, just unnecessary hassle for someone like me who likes quick and easy cooking.
    It turned out great & seemed pretty healthy. No creamy sauces or anything.

I got another one from the same app today: Spicy Chicken and Tomato Pasta. Once again, simple & quick. I may make it next weekend. It looks like I'll be eating Linguini & Clams for a few days & freezing the rest in Corningware containers.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

A friend brought dinner tonight: braised beef shanks and mashed pototoes. It was so good.

And she brought me a lemon cake :-) She makes the best lemon cake I've ever had...it is *so* good. Yum :-)
    Cootie likes this.

Nice to have friends who can cook!

I love lemon cake. My mom makes the best lemon cake with really simple icing (NOT frosting) made from real lemon juice and powdered sugar. I like anything lemon to have a bit of tartness.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nice to have friends who can cook!

I love lemon cake. My mom makes the best lemon cake with really simple icing (NOT frosting) made from real lemon juice and powdered sugar. I like anything lemon to have a bit of tartness.
    For whatever reason, all of us are foodies. We cook and bake; we share recipes (the friend who brought the beef shanks? I taught her how to make them, so she used my recipe); we're always checking out new things. Most of us travel for work, so we don't go out to eat a lot. (It loses its "specialness" when you spend weeks at a time eating out. OTOH, we get to try lots of new things :-))

And her lemon cake is just divine. She adds zest to the cake batter which ups the lemony-ness. And I think her icing is similar to what you described, although it might have a little milk in it.

I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I can eat an entire piece of this cake.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread