+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

I'm home! And apart from the fact that it takes me a really long time to get up the stairs (which is where the bathroom is) and that I can't get into my (raised) antique bed by myself, it's awesome :-)

One of my clients sent us a "dinner delivery" gift certificate, so we had Chinese food for dinner last night. I'm still not eating much (but honestly, I didn't eat all that much before). The nicest part? The kitchen was a mess...and the boys cleaned it up :-)
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.

HOME TripleGemini.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Its always nice to be home Triple G!! I am so happy for you.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We're having roasted chicken tonight, and sweet peas.
    nennie likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Linguini & clams with peas on the side.
    I got the recipe off the internet off my Start page. When I got this computer the Start page has a lot of apps & stuff that changes pictures every 10 seconds or so. I never thought I'd use it. Cooking & new recipes aren't exactly my thing. But this one jumped out at me. When I clicked on it I found out it was relatively quick & easy & used ingredients I usually have around the house, even white wine. Pretty much the only thing I had to buy was the clams.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just reading about how good clams are for you. I was wondering how to use them in a recipe. Did you use fresh or canned?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was just reading about how good clams are for you. I was wondering how to use them in a recipe. Did you use fresh or canned?
    The recipe called for fresh, but I used canned. I've cooked fresh before & it's a bit of a pain dealing with the shells. Not horrible or anything, just unnecessary hassle for someone like me who likes quick and easy cooking.
    It turned out great & seemed pretty healthy. No creamy sauces or anything.

I got another one from the same app today: Spicy Chicken and Tomato Pasta. Once again, simple & quick. I may make it next weekend. It looks like I'll be eating Linguini & Clams for a few days & freezing the rest in Corningware containers.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

A friend brought dinner tonight: braised beef shanks and mashed pototoes. It was so good.

And she brought me a lemon cake :-) She makes the best lemon cake I've ever had...it is *so* good. Yum :-)
    Cootie likes this.

Nice to have friends who can cook!

I love lemon cake. My mom makes the best lemon cake with really simple icing (NOT frosting) made from real lemon juice and powdered sugar. I like anything lemon to have a bit of tartness.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nice to have friends who can cook!

I love lemon cake. My mom makes the best lemon cake with really simple icing (NOT frosting) made from real lemon juice and powdered sugar. I like anything lemon to have a bit of tartness.
    For whatever reason, all of us are foodies. We cook and bake; we share recipes (the friend who brought the beef shanks? I taught her how to make them, so she used my recipe); we're always checking out new things. Most of us travel for work, so we don't go out to eat a lot. (It loses its "specialness" when you spend weeks at a time eating out. OTOH, we get to try lots of new things :-))

And her lemon cake is just divine. She adds zest to the cake batter which ups the lemony-ness. And I think her icing is similar to what you described, although it might have a little milk in it.

I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I can eat an entire piece of this cake.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread