+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 160 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    With tomato or without? My mommom used to always make the best grilled cheese sandwiches and she always put sliced tomato on them.
    I do both

I wish those of us on the forum lived closer so we could get together for tacos while watching Survivor. That would be cool!

Survivor: Tacotines...out- sour-cream, out-guacemole, out-salsa!
    That would be very cool pikachu.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Beet greens, turnips, and a few peanut M&Ms for dessert.
    Count your blessings!

Where's the protein, Gut? That sounds good as a side, but not as a meal
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had a taco salad, pintos and cheese, and a Dr. Pepper. It was so good. Yo quiero, Taco Bell!

I still have to decide what to have tomorrow night. Maybe I'll get a craving for something particular tomorrow and that will help me decide.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Thanks, Cootie! Thanks to super-strong headwinds, I ended up leaving Boston at 7 am and getting to my hotel about 4:30 pm in Portland, so I wouldn't have been able to make the Farmer's Market (even if I knew about it on time).

We ended up at Brasserie Montmarte, Deschutes Brewery, and SouthPark Seafood for dinner. (Breakfast and lunch were provided by the conference, and there was a big networking event/party one night with enough food that we didn't have to find somewhere to eat.) And one of my friends was awake really early one morning, so he ran to Voodoo Doughnuts and shared :-) (Oh, and one of our afternoon snacks was a "doughnut tree". We don't think they came from Voodoo, but still, they were really good.)

My body has had enough salt to last for about three months ;-)

I'd say that it's nice to be home, but I leave tonight for DC for the weekend. Today is "catch up on email and do laundry" day.

BTW, I love making grilled cheese with a combo of cheeses (like provolone and swiss, or american and mozzarella). And I love bacon on on my grilled cheese, too :-) (Of course, I don't get to have that one very often.)
    I'm here likes this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Apples, raisins and smoked link sausage all fried/simmered together in a skillet, lima beans and sour cream & corn cornbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Beet greens, turnips, and a few peanut M&Ms for dessert.
    A few peanut M&Ms? Is there such a thing? Man, do you have self control.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    A few peanut M&Ms? Is there such a thing? Man, do you have self control.
    Hah! Reminds me of my college roommate who would always have a box of Fanny Farmer chocolate in her room, courtesy of her grandma. She would carefully select one piece of chocolate each night and offer me one as well. It amazed me then and still to this day the self-control she had. I can't have that stuff around as it would be gone in 2 days!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My dad's side of the family is like that. I remember him telling me about his mom keeping a bag of chocolate creme drops on her nightstand and she would have one every night. Let me tell you, that bag wouldn't last long on my nightstand! It might last two days if I managed to hold myself back but more than likely it would only last one night. I wish I had more self-control but I just don't. I'm too much of a hedonist.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Where's the protein, Gut? That sounds good as a side, but not as a meal
    The beet greens would have been about 5 grams of protein and the turnips almost 2 grams. The peanuts in the M&Ms would have added to the total. I follow Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian diet. There is a lot of protein in veggies and legumes and seeds. I do occasionally eat animal protein. I had shrimp cocktail today after school and multigrain bread dipped in quality olive oil. I'm not feeling hungry now at all, so I'll probably only have a small salad later. A great salad dressing is a peeled orange blended with a small handful of cashews. The olive oil was the splurge today.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread