+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Happy anniversary, FannyMare!

Tonight is chicken and rice. Now that my son is on this new diet/lifestyle, I do a lot of cooking, and this meal is fairly easy.
    JohnnyK and Fanny Mare like this.

FannyMare, hope you had a happy anniversary!

Tonight we're having a whole roasted chicken, cheesy potato casserole and peas.
    nennie, JohnnyK and Fanny Mare like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    FannyMare, hope you had a happy anniversary!

Tonight we're having a whole roasted chicken, cheesy potato casserole and peas.

Can I come to your house angelic? Sounds yummy. I am making oven fajitas sure hope they turn out good.
    angelic_one2002 and JohnnyK like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Chicken Marsala and Caprese Salad. I have these pretty little heirloom cherry tomatoes in the middle of winter! Seems like South American produce can deliver what is out of season here.
    JohnnyK likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That sounds really yummy, Punkin.

Tilapia and steamed vegetables for me. Pasta with lentils for the menfolk.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Fort Member

How funny Eastcoastmumin Australia we see Tilapia as a noxious fish and a real threat to our fisheries and inedible so I would love to know what it tastes like. I think if they changed its status to an edible delicious fish and got people to like it we maybe able to cull the numbers a bit.
    Go back in Indonesia on Saturday so its three more nights of enjoying affordable red meat and salads with not a grain of rice in sight
    Tonight its lamb cutlets marinated in garlic, lemon and oregano grilled on the BBQ and severed with a greek salad that's if I manage to get up off the couch and motivated
    Ellen and JohnnyK like this.

Poached salmon, mashed baked) sweet potatoes, and Waldorf salad.
    JohnnyK likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    How funny Eastcoastmumin Australia we see Tilapia as a noxious fish and a real threat to our fisheries and inedible so I would love to know what it tastes like. I think if they changed its status to an edible delicious fish and got people to like it we maybe able to cull the numbers a bit.
    Go back in Indonesia on Saturday so its three more nights of enjoying affordable red meat and salads with not a grain of rice in sight
    Tonight its lamb cutlets marinated in garlic, lemon and oregano grilled on the BBQ and severed with a greek salad that's if I manage to get up off the couch and motivated
    Hmm, interesting, Lucynda.Truth be told it does not have much of a flavor. I'm not a huge fish lover and am dieting so I can't fry it or prepare it with any kind of rich sauce. I enjoy seafood like shrimp, clams, scallops, lobster much more so than fish but tilapia is fairly bland so I tend to eat it often along with flounder.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I like to sautee tilapia with a little lemon and a tad bit of butter. Talipia is a mild fish and is also good fried.

I am having chili for dinner tonight.
    angelic_one2002 and JohnnyK like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm allergic to fish; however, he's not. After we watched an episode of "Dirty Jobs" featuring tilapia, he no longer eats it.
    Caveat emptor.
    Tilapia raised on feces hits US tables- MSN Money
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread