+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Huge salad. My stomach is groaning.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I seared a top round and then put it in a crockpot with potatoes, carrots, and onions.

And when I finally got home with the boy (after his 2.5 hour workout at the gym and 1.5 hour swim team practice), it was oh so good.
    Cootie likes this.

I had tortilla soup for lunch and it was delicious so I thought I would follow it up with fish tacos made the easy way with Salmon Bites from Costco. I made a sauce with lime juice, a little buttermilk and some mayo. Add fresh avocados, lettuce and some cheddar on corn tortillas. So good! (if you like that sort of thing) For dessert - dark chocolate and a nice wine just to end the day on a mellow note.
    Debb70 likes this.

HMMMM.... that sounds so good Cootie!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I was at the grocery store and if you bought 3 items from several you got a roasted chicken from the deli free. I just happened to have 3 of the items on my grocery list. YAY!
    We are having roasted chicken, green beans, baked sweet potatoes and leftover cornbread dressing that I froze Thanksgiving.
    Cootie and TripleGemini like this.

Wow, no one has posted since my half birthday on Dec 11??? I guess we have all been pretty busy. My daughter brought crab home from the Oregon coast and we made crab cakes for our Christmas Eve dinner. I made an Asian slaw and we had a lovely white wine to go with.

For Christmas dinner we will have grilled turkey breast, roasted butternut squash, broccoli and a flourless chocolate cake. We are keeping it simple around here, but it should be good!

OMG - I LOVE flourless chocolate cake. I never bake anymore except when the kids are home. I'd eat it all myself.
    I made Belgian waffles for my daughter and her friend yesterday morning. Then we compensated at lunch by making 4 different kinds of roasted veggies with a little salmon on the side. This morning I'm making bacon for my son and steamed cranberry pudding for anyone who wants it. Once they're gone, I'll take any leftover sweets and white flour products over to my neighbor and commence the post-holidays healthy eating regimen.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Fort Member

We had prawns, turkey, potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, ham cut from the giant leg of it we brought, cranberry sauce, rum balls, pavlova and several glasses of wine. Just your typical Australian xmas feast, now I will go fall asleep in front of the tv
    Its ham on toas or, ham and eggs for dinner for the next few days then ham and pea soup for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    We had prawns, turkey, potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, ham cut from the giant leg of it we brought, cranberry sauce, rum balls, pavlova and several glasses of wine. Just your typical Australian xmas feast, now I will go fall asleep in front of the tv
    Its ham on toas or, ham and eggs for dinner for the next few days then ham and pea soup for a few months
    Pavlova! Yum!

My tongue is fuzzy/numb from too much sugar, but my fridge has healthy leftovers and lots of veggies and my fruit bowl is full. I've already started wrapping up extra goodies to give to a neighbor who is raising his grandson on not much money, so appreciates my annual post-Christmas purge. Left-over beef stew with lots of veggies calling my name for the next time I'm hungry.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread