+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree869Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

My Jeep died on Tuesday, so this week has been a hectic scramble of trying to come up with ways to get my son where he needed to be. My mechanic got it running, so I went to pick it up yesterday...and it died again on the way home.

My son had run to the bakery while I was gone (the 25-minute trip ended up being closer to three hours), so when I got home, I made breakfast: homefries, bacon, eggs, and from the bakery, a cheese danish the size of a dinner plate (we split that).

Today he's gone from 3:30 pm until 9:30 pm (training and work), so I might just go with quesadillas after school.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm having leftover pepperoni pizza tonight and looking forward to watching Grimm and Dracula!

I went out for Chinese food at lunchtime. I've been craving it for a few weeks and it sure was good. I love spring rolls, crab rangoon, and peanut chicken with steamed rice! There were plenty of vegetables on the buffet so I was able to eat reasonably healthy. I started off with cucumber salad, hot and sour soup, broccoli, cooked cabbage, mushrooms, and green beans. Then I went back for the good stuff.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I had chinese for lunch and was disappointed with the place. It used to be really good but the quality was off today. It will be take out for supper as I am headed to a soccer tournament in just a bit.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was just washing some chicken livers for an easy dinner . . . when I found a GALL BLADDER attached to one of the livers. From what I've heard, that gall bladder is VILE tasting, so I"m glad I was cleaning the livers thoroughly!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

We got livers today.

I love them, as well as gizzards and hearts. Most people don't eat them though, I don't think.

I have no problem eating organs.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I was just washing some chicken livers for an easy dinner . . . when I found a GALL BLADDER attached to one of the livers. From what I've heard, that gall bladder is VILE tasting, so I"m glad I was cleaning the livers thoroughly!
    I wouldn't know what a gallbladder looks like if I was holding it in my hand. Thank goodness you do.

Tonight is grocery shopping night. Unless I have something in the crock pot or some left overs, I usually buy something at the hot-and-ready-to-eat section of the store. There's some pretty good & healthy stuff there. That's what I'm doing tonight.
    Tomorrow is Saturday: Cook something big day.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I wouldn't know what a gallbladder looks like if I was holding it in my hand. Thank goodness you do.

Tonight is grocery shopping night. Unless I have something in the crock pot or some left overs, I usually buy something at the hot-and-ready-to-eat section of the store. There's some pretty good & healthy stuff there. That's what I'm doing tonight.
    Tomorrow is Saturday: Cook something big day.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

I've tried chicken liver and just can't stand the taste. I even tried cooking it with bacon to make it more palatable and no go. Too bad because it's a lot cheaper than other meats at the grocery store.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yes, as far as cost, two GENEROUS servings were $1.75. We love them, and would eat them even more often if it weren't for the high cholesterol level.

When I first saw the extra thing, I wasn't sure what it was. I didn't even know chickens HAVE gall bladders. My friend, Mr. Google, confirmed what it was and assured me it was NOT tasty. The livers, on the other hand, were.

We love the giblets - livers, gizzards, heart. Always have.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I remember one night a couple years ago where I decided to snack on chicken hearts by themselves.

After a few, I got a bit nauseous.

So I now always eat them with something. Usually in soup.

Our local chicken place makes the best livers and gizzards.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread