+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Chili sounds good.

I haven't had stuffed peppers in ages. I think I may try those over the weekend. I'm thinking of stuffing with chicken or turkey instead of beef. I wonder if that will be good.

Chef Hubby said something about wild-caught shrimp, roasted farmers' market delicata squash, and fresh (from the same farmers' market) cilantro-lime linguini.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Chili sounds good.

I haven't had stuffed peppers in ages. I think I may try those over the weekend. I'm thinking of stuffing with chicken or turkey instead of beef. I wonder if that will be good.
    Stuffed peppers I said to Hubby the other day- its time we had them! yes you can use chicken, I have.

Chef Hubby said something about wild-caught shrimp, roasted farmers' market delicata squash, and fresh (from the same farmers' market) cilantro-lime lingui
    Sounds good Ellen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Sounds good Ellen
    It was. He's awesome.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My son treated me to a roast beef sandwich (he got a cheeseburger sub). My husband's been away all week, and the kid works at night, so I make him two sandwiches to eat before he goes to work and then something relatively easy when he gets home. (Last night was spaghetti aglio y olio, the night before was quesadillas.)

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Spicy Chicken vegetable soup made from this weeks leftover vegetables. It has brown peas, green beans, corn, cabbage, carrots, black beans, and brown rice. I added chicken, tomatoes, a potato, diced red bell pepper, onion, chicken stock from the cooked chicken and creole seasoning.
    That ought to knock out my sniffles.
    TripleGemini likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

^ That sounds yummy, inthegarden! Hope the soup does the trick and you'll be feeling much better real soon.

Sunday pasta sauce is simmering: one pot with pork neck bones and meatballs for hubby and another pot with veggie sausages for our son. I'm having cold shrimp with either a salad or vegetable.
    inthegarden likes this.

Stir Fry with shrimps and scallops
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Macaroni and cheese with broccoli. I was in Boston all day yesterday and still tired today, and mac and cheese was easy and quick :-) (And I had leftover sharp cheddar and colby jack from the networking event last night, and so I made it the way my mom used to...layering cooked macaroni with thin slices of cheese and then topping with milk so that it got really cheesy and gooey.)

Baked tilapia with lime cilantro sauce and roasted butternut squash with garlic, olive oil and pepper. We are having a heavy rainstorm and this meal felt perfect for a fall night.

+ Reply to Thread