+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree706Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

It's really good, Ellen. I can pm you the recipe if you want. My diet currently does not allow for any of the ingredients in the salad but I have had it before and it is really tasty!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's really good, Ellen. I can pm you the recipe if you want. My diet currently does not allow for any of the ingredients in the salad but I have had it before and it is really tasty!
    If you have a moment and it's no trouble (if all it takes is a copy-and-paste), that would be really nice of you though I can probably figure it out with an ingredient list.
    I rarely use recipes (unless I'm baking) I'm a "throw-together" when I cook. Even when I have a recipe, I rarely follow it exactly. Unless there are ratios/measurements that are important. Or tips...
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-25-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    If you have a moment and it's no trouble (if all it takes is a copy-and-paste), that would be really nice of you though I can probably figure it out with an ingredient list.
    I rarely use recipes (unless I'm baking) I'm a "throw-together" when I cook. Even when I have a recipe, I rarely follow it exactly. Unless there are ratios/measurements that are important. Or tips...
    I wouldn't mind having the recipe either ... if it's not too much trouble. I was thinking there is a recipe thread in this forum ... and that way we can all have it!

I think this is the link:

Anyone got a recipe for...
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

echo, that's a good idea. I will put the link for the Quinoa Toss with Chickpeas in the recipe thread for anyone who wants it.
    Ellen and JohnnyK like this.

My chef daughter is home so we had BLTs on olive oil/rosemary bread, mashed "potatoes" with parsnips and white beans, fresh herbs, and parmesan, and for dessert, homemade peach cobbler. Mmmm
    Cootie, TripleGemini and JohnnyK like this.
    Count your blessings!

I didn't do much cooking Sunday and Monday, but I made eggplant parmesan today...I got a HUGE eggplant from my CSA on Sunday. I also made a tomato sauce...I found San Marzano tomatoes at my local supermarket last week, so I sauteed some onions and peppers and garlic, and then I added it to a pot that had olive oil, garlic, and the tomatoes. And then I added ground pork and ground beef, plus a slew of spices, herbs, and vinegars.

My son ate four servings. But I made two 8x8 pans, so I still have some for tomorrow :-)
    Cootie and JohnnyK like this.

Grilled filet mignon and sauteed mushrooms. Gelato for dessert! This is the last of the fancy meat we received from Mr. C's client. Back to the usual stuff after this!
    JohnnyK likes this.

I am deciding between left over Sloppy Joes ... and tenderloin tips.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We had BLT's.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Grilled Lamb chops
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread