+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1450
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Hubby is planning some kind of plantain-encrusted (from Trader Joe's plantain chips) chicken thing with stuffed peppers (variety of peppers, thanks again to Trader Joe's geez, I hope I get that job!).
    Anyway, whatever hubby makes is bound to be great!
    My Greek take-out last night was good but whatever hubby makes is gonna be a gazillion times better. He'd shrug it off...but it's true.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Last night was rib-eyes with steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, and caprese salad. (Sorry if I keep making you all hungry...I'm not working as much right now and all I seem to want to do is cook :-).)

I'm off to make blueberry muffins...

Meatloaf tonight with salad and baked potato
    nennie likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I still had an eggplant left from last week's haul, but I didn't want to make eggplant parmesan again. So I went surfing and found an Alton Brown recipe where you slice the eggplant, salt it, rinse it off, and then cut it into strips so that it makes pasta.

His recipe called for garlic, chili flakes, diced fresh tomatoes, 1/4 cup of cream, and parmesan cheese, but I knew that wouldn't be enough for the guys so I added sauteed shrimp. (I don't have a problem eating seafood and cheese.) So it was kinda like shrimp alfredo with eggplant "noodles". (You saute the "noodles", not boil them, in olive oil and garlic. I also added an anchovy fillet because it adds a nice flavor to the dish.) It wasn't overly salty, either, but I made sure that I really rinsed the eggplant well before I sliced it.

My son had just about finished the bowl when he said, "This pasta tastes different." I told him it was eggplant; he said, "Oh, that explains it." and then finished it all :-)

Tomorrow I get another box of stuff :-) The only thing I know for sure I'm getting is a half-bushel of pickling cukes (which the farmer is giving me! I'll take him a jar of pickles next week in return.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Last night was rib-eyes with steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, and caprese salad. (Sorry if I keep making you all hungry...I'm not working as much right now and all I seem to want to do is cook :-).)

I'm off to make blueberry muffins...
    You seem to want to cook and I seem to want to eat!

Every single thing on that menu is at the top of my list of favorite's ... honest!
    TripleGemini and Cornholio like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    You seem to want to cook and I seem to want to eat!

Every single thing on that menu is at the top of my list of favorite's ... honest!
    Ours, too! (Well, my son doesn't like mushrooms unless they're in something else, like stroganoff or meat sauce.)

And I made the blueberry muffins...I don't have a large pan, so I ended up with 24 regular and 12 mini muffins. My son ate a half-dozen (regular) before he went to work...I've now hidden them so I can portion them out.

It is sunday lunch at my house.....we are having potato salad and salsbury steak. I might fix another veggie.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Lamb chops, baby peas and roasted potatoes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Today is my dad's 85th birthday. We all gathered here for his birthday dinner. We had a mishmash of stuff...hubby grilled the portherhouse steaks, franks, as well as the Boca burgers and Tofu hot dogs for the vegetarians in the family. I made a quinoa salad mixed with corn, beets, chick peas, feta cheese and dressed with olive oil/lemon juice vinaigrette. I also made potato salad and a garden salad. We snacked on fresh mozzarella/tomatoes, chips, and cheese beforehand. Sis brought dessert. I abstained from all but the steak and salad. After days of fish, chicken, turkey, that steak tasted mighty fine!

Eastcoastmom, that quinoa salad sounds delicious!
    I'm noting your ingredients for next week's menu and shopping list...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread