+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Late Night Snacks

Late Night Snacks

While lurking... I came upon a thread about snacks. I've search and search and search... with no luck in finding it. Knowing me... its the first thread on this page.

I wanted to thank the person who mentioned putting yogert into the freezer! And it wasn't the ice cream sort of yogert. Its my go to... favorite snack as of late.

Sooo... whom ever you might be... thanks for the great late night snack!

Re: Late Night Snacks

Dr. Oz mentioned one, put tiny spoonfuls of greek yogurt on a cookie sheet lined w/wax paper. Add a couple of fresh blueberries onto each and freeze. Then when frozen store in a plastic baggie for a quick treat.

One I like to do is microwave a couple of marshmellows until melted. Then I mix in some Special K with chocolate bits and eat it like that.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Loved the marshmellow idea... I made them and they are now my new go to snack. I also made the yogurt treats you mentioned... and I like them much better as I am able to put as much or as little fruit as I like. And I like lots!

Thanks again for 2 great snack ideas!!!!

If I'm up late at night, it's because I woke up and can't get back to sleep, so my snack is usually a couple of digestive biscuits and a cup of Sleepytime tea.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter what is digestive biscuits?
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I know they're popular in England and Kenya. I currently have McVitie's with 0 trans fat. It's a slightly sweet biscuit with more of a cookie texture. It settles the stomach much like saltines, only with more whole grain.
    Amazon.com: mcvities digestive biscuits: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

You'd think they'd give them a more pleasant name than that. Digestive biscuits make them sound like shredded wheat biscuits made with pepto bismal! Or dog treats.

Just because of the name I would avoid digestive biscuits.... they should definitely come up with a better name.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I went to the grocery store this weekend and in the international foods section (where they have the tortillas, kimchi, crunchy Chinese noodles, etc, they had digestive biscuits. I had to laugh at that because it reminded me of this thread! I was tempted to get some to try but since I was already on a limited budget, I had to pass. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Dr. Oz mentioned one, put tiny spoonfuls of greek yogurt on a cookie sheet lined w/wax paper. Add a couple of fresh blueberries onto each and freeze. Then when frozen store in a plastic baggie for a quick treat.

One I like to do is microwave a couple of marshmellows until melted. Then I mix in some Special K with chocolate bits and eat it like that.
    I made the frozen yogurt snacks again... this time I sprinkled a little granola on it... really good and gives that crunchy texture I look for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast