+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cake or Pie?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Cake or Pie?

Do you have a preference for one or the other?

I'm a pie person. Always have liked pies better than cake. I love a flaky pie crust or a cookie crumble pie crust filled with fruit or some kind of pudding! My favorite pies are French silk and peanut butter, although I also love cherry pie with a lattice crust. Pecan pie is probably my least favorite.

I will eat cake. It helps if it's nice and moist, has lots of layers with icing, or is served with ice cream. I actually really like the simple Jiffy cake mixes. They're easy to make and taste very good! One of my favorites is yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

I don't know if cheesecake would count as a cake or pie. Even though it has "cake" in the title, it seems more like a pie to me. I would take cheesecake over any other cake or pie!

Re: Cake or Pie?

I like cake. My favorites are German Chocolate and Coconut. The key to a light airy cake is in beating it the right amount of time.

My favorite pie is either coconut cream or pecan.

I like peach cobbler too.

I think that means I like all desserts either cake, pie or cobbler..
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I prefer pie. Especially fruit pies. Yum. I think I'll go out & get pie for with supper. Unfortunately when you are single, baking a whole pie is a waste of time & effort. I only want 1 slice & end up eating the whole thing within about 2-3 days so it won't go to waste.
    Buying 1 slice isn't that expensive in comparison.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I think that means I like all desserts either cake, pie or cobbler..
    Or brownies, mousse, cookies, or sundaes...

Dessert is the best part of the meal!
    nennie and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Cheesecake is my favorite cake, followed by strawberry short cake but it MUST have real whipped cream! I am not a big fruit pie person although I do love a home baked apple pie. Years ago I would try a new pie crust recipe each week and bring a home baked apple pie to my in-laws for dinner. I've gotten lazy over the years and use the Pillsbury crusts found in the dairy aisle with my own pie filling. I really dislike cherry pie and pumpkin pie with a passion. Blueberry and peach are okay. Like I said I am not really a fruit pie person. The pie that I love most of all is Coconut Cream pie... yummy!

Pikachu, you always get me salivating with your food threads. Now I am craving dessert!
    angelic_one2002 and Cootie like this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Pie. Definitely pie. When I've pondered the question - if I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, what would it be - my answer, hands-down, is pumpkin pie. I swear I can live on that stuff. A friend of mine taught me how to make the perfect crust...it's tender and flaky (I hate those cake-type crusts) and is the perfect vehicle of my delicious pumpkin filling. I love a side splotch of real whipped cream, but it's not required. Nom nom nom.

As far as cake goes....I like it too. But I don't like icing. I still love those cakes where you poke holes in them after they have baked and pour jello in there, the after the jello sets, frost with whipped cream. I could eat a whole double layer on of those in a day, easy. And a pumpkin pie in one sitting.

Holy moly. Oink oink, JD
    Cootie likes this.

Pie, denfinitely. I always requested one instead of cake for my birthday. Grape being my favorite, but any fruit pie is better than cake. When my mother insisted on cake, I requested her butter brickle. I have no idea what was in it... butterscotchy and crunchy. She doesn't have the recipe anymore.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Pie, definitely. I always requested one instead of cake for my birthday.
    Me, too!

Brickle, according to dictionary.com, is crunchy bits of butterscotch candy. I always thought it was crushed up hard toffee, like a Heath bar without the chocolate. It is good. Yum!

You can get Heath bar bits with or without the chocolate the same area they sell chocolate chips. I love them on top of brownies.
    Count your blessings!

My parents used to have an ice cream machine and I bought butter brickle once to make Heath bar ice cream. I don't know what happened to their ice cream maker. Must have gotten left behind, given away, or thrown away one of the times we moved. I got one of my own when I got my first apartment but it never would make the ice cream hard enough so I didn't use it much. I really need to see about getting a new one some time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast