+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cake or Pie?

Re: Cake or Pie?

Pie. Definitely pie. I've been having key lime pie (my absolute favourite) for my birthday for years. And there's a place not too far from my house, but inconveniently located at the other end of a busy stretch of touristy beach neighbourhood, that sells the best pies I have ever had. The best crust, the most delicious savoury chicken and beef fillings, and the best, bar none, strawberry and cream pie the world has ever known. Actually, it's probably a good thing I don't enjoy riding down that stretch of insanely busy beach or I would be eating pie every week and I'm pretty sure that would kill me.
    Cootie likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Death by pie-eating doesn't sound like such a bad way to go to me!
    Ellen and J.D. like this.

White cake with the real white buttercream frosting is my absolute favorite, with cheesecake being a close tie for first place.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I'm totally a cake person, but my birthday dessert is pumpkin pie. I could eat the whole thing. And store-bought pumpkin pie, Costco's included, just doesn't cut it. They use water instead of evaporated milk. The only store-bought pumpkin pie that tastes like home is at Whole Foods.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Cake for me. I don't even like pie.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Cake!
    I adore icing... the best part of cake for me.
    I remember this AMAZING banana roll cake that the local grocery store made when I was a kid.
    Yummy moist banana cake (no nuts) rolled like a big jelly roll, with banana icing in between and on top.
    It was the best cake ever.

FORT Newbie

I would always prefer cakes over pies and chocolate cake in particular.

My son made me a cake for my birthday last weekend, and he made my favorite: chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting :-) (What was really funny was hearing after how my son and husband argued over which flavor was my favorite...neither my son nor I were surprised that my son was right ;-) )

Meanwhile...I ate one small piece. I'm not big on sweets, even though I love to bake.

I have this discussion all the time where I live because people here are pie people. I'm not the biggest fan of sweets in general so I am a little biased in that department. Between the two cake only wins out a little bit but I really am not much of a cake fan.

But I hate pie. I hate pie with a passion. I don't like berries and fruits cooked so that's my first issue. I don't like the sickenly sweet other fillings (silks, custards whatever). Lemon/lime and citrus flavors in pie isn't my thing. Pecan... again sickenly sweet. About the only pie I'm ok with and only I have one small piece one time a year is pumpkin but even then I leave the crust behind and would much rather have some other variation on pumpkin dessert if I had my way. I think my hatred of pie goes even deep because people are constantly trying to foist their pies on me (try this one you'll really like this one).

I'm not so passionately against cake but I'm not really a fan of cake either and will typically pass on that as well.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I think my hatred of pie goes even deep because people are constantly trying to foist their pies on me (try this one you'll really like this one).
    I've had friends do that to me with sushi. I've tried it a few times before and don't like it. One of my friends took me to her favorite sushi place when I visited her and had me try her favorite one and I about gagged so that cinched the deal for me. It's not that the sushi wasn't made right in my area. I just plain don't like it!

A sushi place in my area has a commercial where I guy who has never tried sushi is talking to a girl telling him about this sushi restaurant. At one point, the girl exclaims "Everybody loves sushi!", and I always think "NOT!" when I hear that part of the commercial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast