+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: You'll Eat This But Won't Eat That

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: You'll Eat This But Won't Eat That

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I love tomatoes, but hate ketchup.
    I'm with you on that! One of my pet peeves with McDonalds is that they serve their hamburgers with ketchup instead of tomato. The only hamburgers they have that do have tomato on them have those stupid artisan/bakery buns that are stiff as a board. I hate those types of buns!

I'm one of those that tends to eat my food in a certain order. I have a friend who picked on me about it after he first noticed I did it. I generally start with my least favorite item or with something that needs to be eaten soonest because it will get cold or melt. In the Cracker Barrel example given, I would eat the green beans first because although I like greenbeans, they wouldn't be my favorite item on that plate, plus vegetables get cold fastest and don't taste as good once they're cold. Then I would eat either the macaroni or mashed potatoes depending on which item I was most in the mood for that day or which looked the best. I'd eat the chicken last because it's the main part of the meal. Plus, fried chicken can be too hot on the inside yet when it's served so by the time I eat everything else, it will be cool enough to bite into without the juices burning me.

I will go back to an item if I don't eat all of it at once.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-13-2012 at 08:52 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Unlike a lot of people, I don't like foods separate.
    Even when we have a roast, potatoes, and veggies, I'll put the potatoes on the bottom of my plate, break up the roast into bite size pieces and put the roast pieces and veggies on top of the potatoes, then cover it all with gravy. I don't like plain broccoli, but I love it in casseroles with other foods. I hate mashed potatoes but I like them on a shepards' pie. Even when I barbecue, I pass up the steak for the skewers (where the foods are mixed with the same sauce) every time.
    I think the reason is is that I don't like the taste of foods alone, I prefer flavours mixed together. Take Sushi. Such a nice blend of sweet crab and rice/fishy seaweed wrap/ spicy topping and salty soy sauce... heaven!

I can't stand cooked carrots or celery but love them raw.
    I like tomato sauce, soup, ketchup but can't stand tomatoes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've always been like your friend - only eating one thing at a time until it's gone. You'd be suprised how many of us there are - not really that uncommon.
    The only thing I can think of in this category - other than prefering plain fruits and veggies to pies, sauces, and other "produced" dishes - is peanut butter cookies. I like peanuts and peanut butter in and on almost everything... peanut butter cheesecake, peanut butter on dill pickles, peanuts/PB in ice cream, PB fudge, etc. but I hate peanut butter cookies. Not sure why.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    . . . I like peanuts and peanut butter in and on almost everything... peanut butter cheesecake, peanut butter on dill pickles, peanuts/PB in ice cream, PB fudge, etc. but I hate peanut butter cookies. Not sure why.
    That's because you've never had MY peanut butter cookies.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong... PM me for my address.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    That's because you've never had MY peanut butter cookies.
    Yum! Peanut butter cookies have always been one of my favorites. I'd love to try your recipe sometime! Or you can send me some when you send them to Gutmutter.

I love raw carrots but hate them cooked.
    I like nuts, but hate them in cookies, bread, etc.
    I can't stand hot drinks except for hot chocolate.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12