+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Easter 2012

Re: Easter 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Had to sign back in because I realized that I didn't respond to your post Harmony.
    Have a blessed holiday and I hope that your guy is back by your side soon.
    Thank you. He's been gone 2 weeks in a 10th month deployment. It's hard but it's our 5th one in 11 years so we are troopers and know what to do.

Woke up this morning and after leaving an Easter Egg trail for the kiddo to find his basket, made breakfast. Eggs, from scratch biscuits, and bacon. YUMM! Now the kid wants a ham when I hadn't planned on cooking lol. So guess my menu is about to change for today.

By the way my son loves broccoli. He also thinks that Brussels sprouts are manna from heaven. He has a strange little palette but we don't complain because he eats his vegs. I'm thinking ham and green bean casserole. Not too much since it's just the two of us.

AJane - that looks good but oh my word, I'd hate to see the calorie/fat content in that dish! Then again, it is Paula Deen AKA Queen of the Fatty Food.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

... and spokeswoman for diabetes. :eyeroll
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    ... and spokeswoman for diabetes. :eyeroll
    But only AFTER $he $ecured a big fat promo deal with a diabete$ drug company and a new FN $erie$ contract ("Not My Mama'$ Meal$" or $omething to that effect) for her $on.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I made it but omitted the stick of butter. Dunno why you'd need butter in a dish with sour cream & cheese anyway. It was great! Awesome comfort food. I used low fat cheese & sour cream to dial down the guilt. The stuffing worked very well. I think it would also be good with some crumbled cooked bacon or cubed ham if you wanted to make a full meal out of it. Again, thanks Bunny, for adding a new dish to the rotation here.

I made broccoli too, though. By popular demand.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I took my son to PAX East on Friday (thus getting lots of "good mom" points)...but spent Saturday and Sunday at Boston Barcamp. (Neither my son nor my husband wanted to go.) So I think I lost all my points by not making dinner today ;-) (Of course, they both forget that last Sunday I made prime rib with Yorkshire Pudding and broccoli. I think I should get bonus points for making a holiday meal on a non-holiday!)

Guess I'll have to make lots of good stuff this week to make up for it :-)

Or THEY could learn to cook!
    Ellen, TripleGemini and coltnlasma like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I made it but omitted the stick of butter. Dunno why you'd need butter in a dish with sour cream & cheese anyway. It was great! Awesome comfort food. I used low fat cheese & sour cream to dial down the guilt. The stuffing worked very well. I think it would also be good with some crumbled cooked bacon or cubed ham if you wanted to make a full meal out of it. Again, thanks Bunny, for adding a new dish to the rotation here.

I made broccoli too, though. By popular demand.
    So glad you and your family enjoyed it. As for the fat and calories, I make it once a year so I don't stress over that even a little bit.
    CYA

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

My sister has a demanding job and doesn't cook dinner during the week but she loves to get creative around holiday time. I thought this appetizer she made was really creative and quite adorable: deviled eggs on top of an outer nest of honeydew melon wrapped with prosciutto, and inside bedding of broccoli slaw.

Eastcoastmom, that's awesome! I've seen similar deviled eggs (some used pieces of carrots for beaks), but none that made the nest. I love it :-)

(And for those keeping track, I made Easter dinner tonight...spiral ham and scalloped potatoes. And I bought a boatload of veggies for the next week, given that we're going to be eating a lot of ham ;-) )

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

That looks fantastic eastcoastmom! I don't have the creativity or the patience to do something like that.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12