+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How did you learn to cook?

Re: How did you learn to cook?

By reading recipes and following instructions. I probably asked my Mom about some things.
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I learned to cook through trial & error. I never had any interest in learning when I was young, thus didn't learn from my Mom.
    But her style was a lot like mine. She cooked out of need to feed the family nutritously, not out of any love of cooking or any need to impress with fancy recipes. Very basic but good.
    This drove the ex crazy. He felt all women should love to cook & should constantly be whipping up extravagant meals & lots of hommade goodies. I never had any interest in that.
    My food is/was good, nutritious & basic, but it wasn't going to impress anyone.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

My mom is a very good cook. She doesn't even need to use cook books. I learned to cook through watching cooking shows on tv.... and surprisingly to my family "mostly" everything I cook is really good. Now, if they only had tv shows on how to keep the kitchen clean while cooking... OMG... I am the messiest cook... EVER! I start of good by cleaning as I go, but somewhere along the line... it all goes VERY wrong... the mess is everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234