+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is your favorite food culture?

Re: What is your favorite food culture?

Great topic! I like all foods and am fortunate that my chef daughter has learned to broaden her palate. When she's home and we venture to the bigger cities around us, we go to Thai, Moroccan, and my new favorite - Spanish Tapas.
    Pikachu - there are a LOT of single serving ethnic dishes in the frozen section of any good grocery store. Why not try a few that way to learn what you like and then try it at a restaurant? Go with your guy or friends and order several things to share. At the restaurant you'll also get na'an which is heavenly. You can get it frozen at TJ's, but fresh is better.
    I really liked the food I had in Kenya and brought back spices to use here. It's fun to type "Malaysian recipes" (or any other remote culture) into Google to see what comes up. I forget what culture my students did that for when we had a multicultural unit, but one outstanding recipe was rice cooked in coconut milk with mustard seeds. That little peppery crunch with the creamy rice was wonderful.
    Count your blessings!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, man, Japanese Sushi. I CRAVE it. Fortunately, my city has many places, so whenever the urge strikes, I'm taking out. I guess anything seafood and I'm really happy.

Then Italian. I love bruschetta. All that crunchy hot garlic-ky bread with the fresh basil and tomatoes and parmesan. Yum. But I pretty much love everything Italian, except maybe polenta.

And I love good old fashioned hot beef sandwiches smothered in gravy with home fries and brocolli on the side. I don't eat it often (cause that stuff'll stick to you all over the place) but we're having it tonight. I can smell the roast in the crockpot.

One thing to add. I guess I really love simple foods, because I would be remiss if I didn't mention eggs. I LOVE eggs. Over easy, scrambled, salad, deviled, omellets, you name it, I LOVE THEM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

You're making me hungry, spockwhat! lol! I had a leftover salad and some schnapps for lunch. I might have to make a good old fried-egg sandwich for supper.

Pot roast is one of my favorite foods. Your hot beef sandwiches and all the goodies sound wonderful!

I love fried egg sandwiches.
    SugarMama and Fanny Mare like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Me, too. If I could only eat one food ever, it would be the humble egg. You can fix it a hundred ways, it's portable, slow to perish, packed with protein, and DELICIOUS!
    spockwhat likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I like pretty much everything, but one of the best places I've eaten at is in my hometown. It's Trinidadian & it's the best curry in existence. The rotis are to die for. The only downside is that the family who runs it closes up shop in the winter (yes, it's damn cold there) and heads back to Trinidad. But in the summer, they have an open patio with calypso bands.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

I like Italian and Thai food.

My favorite food culture? Hmmmm...
    The ones who eat?
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I love Sushi.But then again I love Italian food.I love Greek food. As my in-laws are Ukrainian, I am treated to many delightful dishes.

I agree with Ellen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Peg
    FORT Newbie

In order : Mexican, Italian, Thai.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast