+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Breakfast cereals

Re: Breakfast cereals

I don't eat any cereal anymore. Greens and beans all the way, baby.
    Count your blessings!

Re: Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    with a certain degree of embarrassment, I admit that I still am. With ice cold skim milk. Late in the evening.
    I also eat Count Chocula.... not often anymore, but sometimes just gotta have it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't eat any cereal anymore. Greens and beans all the way, baby.
    Kashi Go Lean is loaded with all sorts of healthy stuff & is about as "natural" as you can get in the stores. I eat it every morning at work. Dry. From a baggie. I feel like I'm eating a snack.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Wheat Chex … love it. I think I eat way more than I should.

Growing up I loved Capn' Crunch … not even sure if they even make it anymore.

Seinfeld/Jerry always had about 7 boxes of cereal in his cabinet … but did we ever see him eat any of it?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Kashi Go Lean is loaded with all sorts of healthy stuff & is about as "natural" as you can get in the stores. I eat it every morning at work. Dry. From a baggie. I feel like I'm eating a snack.
    Sounds good! I'll check it out. Thanks
    They still have Cap'n Crunch here - I always prefered the peanut butter version. When I ate sweet cereals I liked Coco Puffs best.
    Count your blessings!

Life Cereal. My grandfather introduced me to it when I was 5 or 6. I don't eat cereal very often anymore, but when I do, Life is where it's at!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I almost got this at the store after your post... until I read the label... the second ingredient is sugar.
    Count your blessings!

Gut,

It depends which of the Kashi cereals on how much sugar there is. There is a wheat puff one that has zero sugar. I eat Ezekiel 4:9 Golden Flax cereal or Fiber One Original with berries (right now it's strawberries because they've been cheap at the store) when I want a break from poached eggs, egg casseroles, and oatmeal. I really like the Ezekiel. It reminds me of Grape Nuts which I loved as a kid.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I almost got this at the store after your post... until I read the label... the second ingredient is sugar.
    You may have been looking at Go Lean Crunch, or one of the others. The plain Go Lean is low in all the bad stuff & high in all the good stuff.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't eat just one kind of cereal in a bowl!

Every other day we have cereal (with fruit as a side) for breakfast. For me, it's Cheerios as a base (about 3/4 of the bowl) with either Raisin bran on top, or for a real treat, Oatmeal Crisp Triple Berry. I love dried fruit on my cereal and just bought a dehydrator so I'm looking forward to drying fruit to have on my cereal every morning.

Every other day we have eggs of some sort. Our favourite is a crispy whole wheat English muffin with an egg overhard, some cheddar cheese and thinly sliced deli ham. (Before anyone compares it to the "Egg McMuffin", there is NO comparison to my homemade. Period. :p)

My husband used to eat chips like crazy, and I told him he had to stop when he switched to a desk job. He listened! He now has a bowl of granola with milk every night for a snack instead of the nasty chips. (We still eat them when we watch a movie once in a while but every night was ridiculous.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast