+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Breakfast cereals

Re: Breakfast cereals

My mom cooked breakfast usually eggs and toast, or egg in a hole, or oat meal. On the weekend, we had pancakes and sometimes cereal. My favorite was Cap'n Crunch.
    Now, I like Special K Protein Plus with a sprinkle of Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch, Shredded Wheat n'Bran or Cheerios, topped with fresh fruit.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I forgot to mention another favorite cereal--granola! I really love the crunchy texture, dried fruit, and nuts in granola. My cat, Squirt, loves it too. When I have granola, I either have to eat standing up so he doesn't try to get into my bowl or fix him up a little bowl of cereal with milk. I can sit ay my computer desk and eat other cereals without him pestering me but if he sees that it's granola, he will climb on my arm and put his head right in my bowl of cereal to help himself.

Cascadian Farm has a bunch of yummy granola varieties, including French Vanilla Almond and Dark Chocolate. I've also bought the Heartland varieties.

My neighborhood coffee drive-through ladies make the best granola: they add fresh berries and steamed soymilk. It's my go-to breakfast of champions.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I saw a place called Cereality featured on the Food Network (can't remember which show. Maybe Unwrapped?) that's like a fast food restaurant for cereal. You get your cereal in a Chinese takeout box, have loads of cereals you can choose to mix and match in one bowl, plus toppings to add, like fruit or candy. I'd love to have a place like that in my area!

Here's a link to their website: Cereality

Do any of you have one in your area? Have you been to it yet?
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-28-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I bought multi grain Cherrios this week. Yuck. They're sweet. Why sweeten them? Will be going back to regular Cherrios.
    ITA I also have tried some of the other cherrios and I don't like them the old ones in the yellow box are still my favorite
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    My mom cooked breakfast usually eggs and toast, or egg in a hole, or oat meal. On the weekend, we had pancakes and sometimes cereal. My favorite was Cap'n Crunch.
    Now, I like Special K Protein Plus with a sprinkle of Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch, Shredded Wheat n'Bran or Cheerios, topped with fresh fruit.
    ahhhhhhhhh egg in a frame (its what I call it) was a favorite of my oldest 23YR old son and he still loves them...him and my youngest child are always cooking them in the kitchen they are good for breakfast, dinner or a snack
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I like egg in a basket (or egg in a hole, there's many variations on the name), too!

In the movie V for Vendetta, the main character makes it once. I didn't care for the movie in general but I was tickled by that one scene.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs

with a certain degree of embarrassment, I admit that I still am. With ice cold skim milk. Late in the evening.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Re: Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs

I haven't had Cocoa Puffs in a long time! I like pretty much any chocolate cereal. Some of my favorite cereals, though, are Life and Lucky Charms.

Here's a link to a thread I started a few months ago about breakfast cereals: Breakfast cereals

My son has gotten into the Kellog's Krave cereal. He likes the chocolate version. At 120 calories for a 3/4 cup serving, I'm OK with it. There are far worse cereals he could be wanting. Has anybody else tried them yet?

I like Raisin Nut Bran, any of the Special K's, and mini-wheats.

Never got into the whole sugary ones.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast