+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Building the perfect burger

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Building the perfect burger

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I had to have a burger at lunch today after reading this thread.
    I had a Baconator from Wendy's last night. My favorite guilty pleasure. I get a double and have them hold the ketchup and it's almost the perfect bacon cheeseburger. If it had lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on it, it would be. I've gotten their bacon deluxe burger but it has less bacon on it, plus onions, pickles, and other stuff I don't like. The Baconator is better.

Last week I tried the Green Chile Double at Whataburger and it was very good. I was thinking of getting it last night but decided to get the Baconator instead and add canned green chilis I had at home. However, I forgot all about the chilis by the time I got home and demolished the burger without them. Maybe next time, lol!

The best burger I've ever had was at some out-of-the-way place in Banff, AB. It involved bacon and peanut butter...can't remember the rest of the ingredients. It sounded so strange I had to try it. Wow!!!
    Don't let the small things sweat

MRD

I don't eat fast food burgers at all. The perfect burger I found in a local chain. It has a beef patty, pimento cheese, fried green tomatos and onion.

At home, I like my burger with sauted onions, cheddar cheese, ketchup and mustard on a regular bun.

A fried egg on a burger is fantastic!!! Love it, we have eaten these since I was a child.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was really surprised the first time my mom brought turkey burger home for us to try how much I ended up liking it. I love the flavor of the turkey and how juicy burgers made with it are. However, the turkey burger can't stay in the refrigerator too long before being cooked or it gets a funny flavor.

I remember the first time I had a black bean burger at a Chili's restaurant and I seriously thought they had messed up and given me a beef burger. The taste and texture were so much like beef!

I'll eat frozen burgers but really I prefer burgers made from ground meat. When I do have frozen burgers, I try to remember to get them out and let them thaw first because they cook up better. I have trouble cooking frozen burgers because they tend either to not cook in the middle or, if I cook them until they are done in the middle, they're too dry.

I don't always have hamburger buns on hand, since they're more of a specialty bread, and I don't care for burgers on regular bread so sometimes I'll have burgers on bagels or English muffins. One time I tried using a waffle as a bun after seeing a recipe for tuna salad on a waffle and I actually really liked it! The crispy waffle pairs well with the hamburger and the crevices in the waffle are great for holding condiments or cheese in. One of my favorite ways to have frozen burgers at home is to toast the waffles in the toaster oven while I'm frying the burger on the stove, with a cheese slice on one waffle and mayonnaise or whatever condiments I want on the other waffle, and then sandwich the burger between the waffles. I like the Nutrigrain whole wheat waffles for this and usually get Jenny-O turkey burgers or Bubba burgers.

CCL

The thing at the Ex this year (think Fair) was a burger sandwiched between krispy kreme donuts. I can see waffles but a sugary, glazed donut? Um, no.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Mmmmm, chicken and waffles. Need to get down to OJ's for this soul food meal. Been over a year since I had it.

My daughter makes her own veggie burgers that are better than any of the frozen ones. She uses chick peas, carrots, green peas and other stuff I can't remember.

Fort Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The thing at the Ex this year (think Fair) was a burger sandwiched between krispy kreme donuts. I can see waffles but a sugary, glazed donut? Um, no.
    There is a burger place here in Singapore that only sells burgers, its called the Handburger
    Anyway they make a dessert burger
    Its a patty made of 70% dark coverture chocolate filled with macadamia nuts topped with apple cream cheese on a bed of butter icing and strawberries on a fluffy donut bun. It looks like a hamburger with lettuce cheese and tomato.
    I have not been game enough to try one even though I am a big time chocohololic, it just sounds way too sweet and sickly.

CCL

I've heard of dessert pizza but never dessert hamburgers! I'd be interested but I can see how with the butter icing, donut and cream cheese it might be too sweet.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Mmmmm, chicken and waffles. Need to get down to OJ's for this soul food meal. Been over a year since I had it.

My daughter makes her own veggie burgers that are better than any of the frozen ones. She uses chick peas, carrots, green peas and other stuff I can't remember.
    I would love to have this recipe!!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut. I'll have to ask her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast