+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Jalapeno! Pepper Bonfire!

Re: Holy Jalapeno! Pepper Bonfire!

We make "poppers" on the BBQ. You mix up some garlic/herb cream cheese with a bit of spices (greek spice works well), and some shredded cheddar. Slice the jalopenos lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Use gloves or be very careful to wash well and not touch your face or anywhere afterwards! Fill the jalopeno halves and I usually put them on a grill plate so they don't fall through the rack. Cook slowly, and they jalopenos should be quite soft when done (ie not crunchy) as it takes a lot of the heat out. Some times I par-cook some bacon strips and wrap them around the poppers (about 1/3 strip per pepper) and attach with a toothpick. These are always a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    We make "poppers" on the BBQ. You mix up some garlic/herb cream cheese with a bit of spices (greek spice works well), and some shredded cheddar. Slice the jalopenos lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Use gloves or be very careful to wash well and not touch your face or anywhere afterwards! Fill the jalopeno halves and I usually put them on a grill plate so they don't fall through the rack. Cook slowly, and they jalopenos should be quite soft when done (ie not crunchy) as it takes a lot of the heat out. Some times I par-cook some bacon strips and wrap them around the poppers (about 1/3 strip per pepper) and attach with a toothpick. These are always a big hit.
    that sounds yummy! printing to try this week!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

You can use nitrile gloves to handle them next time; they fit close like latex but are another material. You can get them at HD or Lowes, etc. I don't think jalepenos are that hot either, but handling too many of any warm to hot peppers can be painful.

As to the peppers themselves, make some nachos...yum.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12