+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes

Re: Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    At the local arts festival they always serve these crazy burritos... stuffed full of rice, black beans, shredded cheese, avocado, lettuce, salsa... you get to choose what all they add. The rice and black beans are hot, so the cheese melts and they stuff them full and wrap them in foil.
    I used to work at a restaurant that served rice salad... cold rice with assorted diced vegetables drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lots of customers loved it.
    Do they have Moe's near you? They are just what you describe at the festival; obviously you can add meat too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm glad L will try anything I put in front of him; the one time I recall him not liking something it was some kind of stuffed acorn squash that I hated too; I don't remember but the seasoning WAS weird and not very good once all was said and done. It's funny, though, his oldest niece who is 24 and her husband never eat ANY veggies except potatoes, and very little of anything else. They eat
    1) hamburgers
    2)boneless chicken breast (might have certain brands of bbq sauce or seasonings)
    3)mac n' cheese
    4)chicken tenders
    5)potatoes, but only the brown kind--mashed or french fries
    6)cake, any kind
    7)ice cream
    8)strawberries

I can't even think of ANYTHING else those 2 will eat. It is extremely weird to me,and yes, she was 'big' at 18, but now has got to be pushing 350 and he's not far behind. I could not stand to have such a limited menu.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    ...his oldest niece who is 24 and her husband never eat ANY veggies except potatoes, and very little of anything else. They eat
    1) hamburgers
    2)boneless chicken breast (might have certain brands of bbq sauce or seasonings)
    3)mac n' cheese
    4)chicken tenders
    6)cake, any kind
    7)ice cream
    8)strawberries

I can't even think of ANYTHING else those 2 will eat. It is extremely weird to me,and yes, she was 'big' at 18, but now has got to be pushing 350 and he's not far behind. I could not stand to have such a limited menu.
    Um, wow. I can't think of anything to say except "cardiovascular disease"
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

My thoughts exactly. Oh, and I left off that they will eat steak and corn! It's kind of funny, but very sad at the same time, and I am not kidding one bit about the list. She will even come right out and tell you that 'we don't eat anything green...eeeewww"

MRD

I'm glad L will try anything I put in front of him; the one time I recall him not liking something it was some kind of stuffed acorn squash that I hated too; I don't remember but the seasoning WAS weird and not very good once all was said and done. It's funny, though, his oldest niece who is 24 and her husband never eat ANY veggies except potatoes, and very little of anything else. They eat
    1) hamburgers
    3)mac n' cheese
    4)chicken tenders
    6)cake, any kind
    7)ice cream
    8)strawberries

Sounds like she never graduated from the children's menu.
    The above reads just like any kids menu in any restaurant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Now that you mention it, you are exactly right, except that they don't eat hot dogs , because pork is really bad for you.

My cousin's son ate like that for most of his young life.
    Chicken fingers, cheese, more cheese, more chicken fingers, etc. Never ate any vegetables.
    About a year or 2 ago, he decided to go to WW, lose weight and exercise.
    He's lost more than 40 pounds so far.
    He's in college now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Sounds like she never graduated from the children's menu.
    The above reads just like any kids menu in any restaurant.
    Y'know, I don't get how most restaurants' kids'-menu items are considered anything but long-term poison for kids. (Adults, too, for that matter.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Y'know, I don't get how most restaurants' kids'-menu items are considered anything but long-term poison for kids. (Adults, too, for that matter.)
    As long as they grow out of them eventually. My oldest has outgrown kids' menus, fortunately, but she has a deep love for the potato, in any form. My youngest, on the other hand, dislikes french fries and actually opts for salads as her side dish. I got her eating chickpea curry this week, too. It's my new favourite thing - just saute some onions and garlic, add garam masala, ginger, extra cumin, cayenne, and a dash of salt with a can of chickpeas (liquid in can included). I'll often throw in some brown rice as well. Takes less than 15 minutes, and we eat it with whole-wheat pita bread.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Now that you mention it, you are exactly right, except that they don't eat hot dogs , because pork is really bad for you.

That's rich!

My kid hated hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese. She did eat Mac and cheese and chicken fingers. But when we went out, she wanted shrimp or lobster or something else expensive. She never wanted anything off the kids menu. And she only ate canned green beats and canned corn.
    I'm pleased to say now that her tastes have expanded, she has been both a vegetarian and vegan and eats quite a variety of vegetables now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread