+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Meals

Re: Holiday Meals

Columbia, I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Hope you feel better soon :-)

We've got a 12-pound turkey in the freezer...looks like it will just be the three of us this year. I like cooking Thanksgiving dinner, although if one of the boys comes up with a better plan, I have no problems making it at another time. All depends on what they want to do :-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4099262;
    Columbia, I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Hope you feel better soon :-)

We've got a 12-pound turkey in the freezer...looks like it will just be the three of us this year. I like cooking Thanksgiving dinner, although if one of the boys comes up with a better plan, I have no problems making it at another time. All depends on what they want to do :-)
    Thanks, TripleGemini -- it's all a ruse so I don't have to cook.

I'm becoming more inclined to get the pre-prepared meal from one of the supermarkets. I worry about being able to sit in a restaurant comfortably through the meal. At least at home I can get up and walk around or lie down if it gets too painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4098612;

The concept of not cooking or fussing looks more inviting by the day. I will probably make my pumpkin pies and "call it a day."
    If you don't feel up to making your pumpkin pies, Sara Lee frozen pumpkin pies are pretty good.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 11-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;4099820;
    If you don't feel up to making your pumpkin pies, Sara Lee frozen pumpkin pies are pretty good.
    And Costco's pumpkin pies are great and huge! Sorry to hear your back is bothering you Columbia
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4099860;
    And Costco's pumpkin pies are great and huge! Sorry to hear your back is bothering you Columbia
    Thanks,live4romance. I fell backwards down from the 6th or 7th step in my house. So you can see why I'm not going to be cooking any holiday meal this year!!

Thanks to all for the pumpkin pie suggestions. I'm going to see if I can put the ingredients together and have my hubby pour it into the crusts and shove it in the oven. How hard can that be?

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4100271;
    Thanks,live4romance. I fell backwards down from the 6th or 7th step in my house. So you can see why I'm not going to be cooking any holiday meal this year!!

Thanks to all for the pumpkin pie suggestions. I'm going to see if I can put the ingredients together and have my hubby pour it into the crusts and shove it in the oven. How hard can that be?
    If it is painful or uncomfortable for you, sit on a stool and direct the hubby in what to do If the crusts are pre-prepared it is easy enough for him to measure, add, mix and pour!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;4100490;
    If it is painful or uncomfortable for you, sit on a stool and direct the hubby in what to do .....
    Igaunachocolate: I've gotten real good at that in the past month or so.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Anyone else having trouble finding whole cranberries in the stores? Usually there is an abundance of them - I hate the store bought cranberry sauce and i make my own every year.

It's pretty funny that people are always so amazed when I tell them i made it - it is so easy to do. Really is the simplest thing of the entire Thanksgiving menu lol
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;4100611;
    Anyone else having trouble finding whole cranberries in the stores?
    I saw many at our Trader Joe's stores. (I didn't notice at the other supermarkets, though.) I always make my own cranberries, too -- can't stand the canned stuff!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah, I got the recipe from a fellow Forter: water, sugar, Grand Marnier, ....I forget who that was, but man is it good!

+ Reply to Thread