+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking/food shows on PBS

FORT Fogey

Re: Cooking/food shows on PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3750559;
    I do a similar thing (maybe the same thing?) -- a layered, baking-dish version of traditional (well, healthier than traditional) Polish stuffed cabbage rolls (golombki -- the "l" has a line through it and is pronounced as sort of a "w"). I love golombki, but hate the whole cabbage-rolling process. The deconstructed layered version in a deep baking dish is much easier. And my version is way healthier than my grandmother's. If you're interested, let me know -- I'll dig up the recipe and post it. (Now that our weather is finally getting cool enough to have the oven on, I'll likely be making it soon.)

Ellen - if you can find the recipe, can you post it on this thread? My husband loves stuffed cabbage and if there is an easier way to make it, I'm all for it.

I guess your Santa Anna days are over for the year, and you can turn on the oven. My folks lived in SD, as does my sister, so I know whereof you speak.

Thanks for sharing here and on the low-sodium thread.

MRD

Re: Cooking/food shows on PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3750559;
    I do a similar thing (maybe the same thing?) -- a layered, baking-dish version of traditional (well, healthier than traditional) Polish stuffed cabbage rolls (golombki -- the "l" has a line through it and is pronounced as sort of a "w"). I love golombki, but hate the whole cabbage-rolling process. The deconstructed layered version in a deep baking dish is much easier. And my version is way healthier than my grandmother's. If you're interested, let me know -- I'll dig up the recipe and post it. (Now that our weather is finally getting cool enough to have the oven on, I'll likely be making it soon.)
    I would love to have it.

I do a "stuffed" cabbage in the crockpot where I hollow out the head, stuff it with the filling and then the rest of the illing goes around the outside of the cabbage.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12