+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Going Vegetarian/Vegan

Re: Going Vegetarian/Vegan

It sounds pretty flexible. I'm sort of glad I had just gone grocery shopping right before trying it, because I tend to jump into things with both feet, but I started a little more gradually this time. I added a lot of greens, veggies, and fruits, but I still had to slowly start using up bread, ice cream, yogurt, etc. With just that one change, I lost 2 lbs. between Monday and Friday! Yesterday I had to do another grocery shop, so first I cleaned out the fridge. Old containers of mostly empty salad dressings, jams, etc. - gone. Then I stocked up on greens, veggies, sprouted grain bread (Ezekial bread in the freezer section), and veggie-based condiments like corn salsa, artichoke pesto, olive tapenade, raspberry vinegar, etc. to dress things up. I got watermelon, strawberries, and blueberries. Mangos were on sale, so I got four. I love mangos. I'm pretty psyched about this. I'll tell you what... grocery shopping through the lens of this particular lifestyle makes you realize how much JUNK we eat in general. It's easier for me because I live alone, so don't have to cater to the tastes of other family members. Once I have the fridge and cupboards stocked correctly, it shouldn't be a hardship at all and I have great expectations for health benefits and weight loss.
    Count your blessings!

Re: Going Vegetarian/Vegan

The show is called, "3 Steps to Incredible Health" if you want to try to catch it in your listings. All the PBS stations seem to be carrying it right now.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112