+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Coffee

I just thought I'd start a thread just for coffee and coffee beverages. It would be interesting to know what coffee brands you like best, favorite dripmaker brands, what measurements you use to make your coffee, and if you grind your own beans or use ground coffee.
    I still prefer my electric percolator to any drip maker Ive ever used. I think the coffee tastes much richer. For some reason, Maxwell House seems to taste better than Folgers when I make coffee in it.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Re: Coffee

I love using a coffee press. It brings the flavor of any coffee to a whole new level. I usually buy Don Francisco blends in the can.
    Yup, with donuts!!

We have a combination miller/brewer. We get whole beans from bocajava.com. I just got my shipment with Pumpkin Paradise Coffee and can barely wait until tomorrow morning. Yum
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Do you grind your own beans, schmoo2? I definitely can tell a difference in fresh ground beans. Kind of spoils you.

I had one of those combo makers. It was a bear to clean so I gave up on it and just use my own mill and then brew the coffee.
    Yup, with donuts!!

ours grinds it right in the filter and then brews it. We have had no problems with it for a couple years. I would definitely get another one - we are so spoiled now.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Grind my own. French press. Usually buy beans from a local roaster.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Grind my own. French press (definetly the WAY to go) and I get the best coffee from Fresh Market. Right now I"m loving their Pumpkin Spice.
    I like that they have it in barrells and I can add some of these beans, some of those beans and create my own blends.
    We have a local place that has fabulous coffee too, but they only sell out of their store downtown and parking is such a hassle near them, that I don't ofen buy from them. But when I do, it's fabulous. West End Coffee and their Jamaica me crazy is my favorite.

AND I have also started heating my 1/2 and 1/2 instead of pouring cold cream in the coffee. I can't tell you what a differnce it makes to have hot cream.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My dripmaker went out recently, so I just bought a Mr. Coffee programmable one. Like I said, I prefer my percolator for daily use, because Mr. Angelic doesn't drink coffee. For company though, I had to have a bigger coffee maker. Ive owned several dripmakers, and I swear the Mr Coffee brand heats the water hotter than some..which is a plus! Love really hot coffee. Wish we had a Fresh Market here, myrosiedog. You're lucky. No place here really close to buy good coffee beans.

MRD

Since I've been using the french press, I find dripmaker coffee to be too weak.

You can order coffee from FM online,
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast