+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3798118;
    I'm another who loves Kahlua and coffee; and yes, thank you, make that a large coffeee and add a shot of Bailey's too, please, thank you.
    Mmmm, Bailey's for me too, preferably the mint chocolate flavour...Frangelico is excellent in coffee as well, better than Kahlua, I think. I don't drink hot chocolate (I need my caffeine fix more than my sugar fix) but I've been told Bailey's and hot chocolate is the best drink going.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The other night we had some coffee left over and I decided to heat it up with some hot cocoa, milk and some mint flavored alcohol. It was so yummy!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

What is a good substitute for Caffeine? I drink a lot of coffee but I have given it up for Lent. I need something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3834647;
    What is a good substitute for Caffeine? I drink a lot of coffee but I have given it up for Lent. I need something else.
    Sprite and 7up are caffeine free.

Hot herbal tea like peppermint or chammomile.
    Count your blessings!

Did you give up all caffeine or just coffee? If you only gave up coffee, then Dr Pepper, Coke/Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Barq's Root Beer have caffeine, along with tea (hot or iced) and hot chocolate (although none have as much as coffee).

I bought a soft drink a couple of weeks ago - Mountain Dew - and it said "caffeine-free". I had always thought Mountain Dew was notorious for being loaded with caffeine. I drink maybe one or two cans of pop a year and it's been literally decades since I drank a Mountain Dew - did I just happen to get a caffeine-free one? Or have they changed their recipe?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I bought a soft drink a couple of weeks ago - Mountain Dew - and it said "caffeine-free". I had always thought Mountain Dew was notorious for being loaded with caffeine. I drink maybe one or two cans of pop a year and it's been literally decades since I drank a Mountain Dew - did I just happen to get a caffeine-free one? Or have they changed their recipe?
    According to Pepsi Product Information, Mountain Dew contains 36 mg of caffeine per 8 oz serving. They do make caffeine-free versions, too.

If you just gave up caffeine, you could have decaf coffee.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3835081;
    If you just gave up caffeine, you could have decaf coffee.
    Morning, Gutmutter. Caffeine in its own way is addictive. I had to go without it for a couple of days for a medical procedure and you can bet I was a mess without it. Decaf doesn't give you the same "kick" in the morning.

There are a couple of caffeine-free root beers, but some have caffeine in them.
    I'm limited on caffeine for health reasons and it is no fun when you are craving it.

+ Reply to Thread