+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3780807;
    What's the best thing to use to clean the coffee maker? I've heard vinegar but is there anything better?
    I've used a product for years called "Dip-It." Look at the grocery where they stock the coffee filters. (I've also ordered it from Amazon). It's very inexpensive. You just put a couple of tablespoons in a pot of water and run it through the machine--or percolate for one cycle, then run through one cycle of clean water. Your pot will look like new and you'll be amazed at how much better the coffee tastes. I think it cleans better than vinegar and you don't have to keep rinsing to get rid of the vinegar taste and smell. It's also great for cleaning pots or china that may be stained.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3781633;
    I've used a product for years called "Dip-It." Look at the grocery where they stock the coffee filters. (I've also ordered it from Amazon). It's very inexpensive. You just put a couple of tablespoons in a pot of water and run it through the machine--or percolate for one cycle, then run through one cycle of clean water. Your pot will look like new and you'll be amazed at how much better the coffee tastes. I think it cleans better than vinegar and you don't have to keep rinsing to get rid of the vinegar taste and smell. It's also great for cleaning pots or china that may be stained.
    Oh thanks! I am losing my love for coffee (but not my need for it) and my pot is just not creating the magic that it once did. I'll try this!
    Also, I ran out of milk and used soy today. It was all kinds of horrible. I will not be using that nasty stuff again!

I just find the Amazon additional 15% off of Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa, awsome, i wonder got some for the family.

I put some Kahlua in my coffee today, thinking it would be a good combo. Strangely, it wasn't. I'm searching the internet for something like Marie Callender's kahlua cream cheese pie - might make that.

I put some Kahlua in my coffee today, thinking it would be a good combo. Strangely, it wasn't. I'm searching the internet for something like Marie Callender's kahlua cream cheese pie - might make that.
    I LOVE Kahlua and coffee. But I watch how much Kahlua I add...too little and there's no change in taste; too much and it's icky. (I suppose someone who drinks Kahlua straight would like it that way, though.)

MRD

Amaretto is good in coffee. Flavored brandies. Contreau which is orange flavored is good also. Grand Mariener is good in coffee. Bailey's Irish cream is good in coffee.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Kahlua is also good in hot chocolate.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3796312;
    Kahlua is also good in hot chocolate.
    So is something called Buttershots. And so is Grand Marnier.

Since moving to a place that has winter, I have discovered the joys of a hot "toddy". Nothing warms me up faster than coffee with a shot of something in it.

I'm another who loves Kahlua and coffee; and yes, thank you, make that a large coffeee and add a shot of Bailey's too, please, thank you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I LOVE Irish coffee. But real Irish coffee, not what you get in most places these days. Real Irish coffee has a shot of Irish whiskey like Jameson's, some Irish cream and a tiny bit of sugar. No whipped cream, not a lot of sweetners. Talk about warming you up in a hurry, Irish coffee will do that and more. There is an Irish Pub near me and I have been known to stop in for an Irish Coffee occasionally when I'm tired and cold.

+ Reply to Thread