+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

I just buy Folgers. Our local convenience store has really good coffee and cappacinno. I haven't found cappacinno anywhere else as good as theirs. I am to tight to spend the money you have to pay for starbucks and I don't like strong coffee.

angelic how are you doing?
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

nennie!!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I love strong coffee, but I grind my own and make espresso in a little stove-top machine if I need an extra kick. I never buy coffee out, unless I'm at a restaurant for breakfast.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The Kangaroo convenience store near me has flavor syrups you can add to your coffee/cappuccino. The almond toffee is addictive! Most of the time when I get cappuccino there, it's because I'm craving the flavor syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Couldn't you just open them and use them in a regular coffee filter?
    Never thought of that Gut! Thanks!

We have a Saeco machine- one cup at a time but you use your own beans Saeco Syntia if you like flavoured beans you need to grind them first because the grinder on the machine gets gummed up with the oils from flavoured beans.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Does anyone make cold brewed coffee for iced coffee? My family loves iced coffee in the summer.

Pour room temp. water over freshly ground coffee of your choice. Let it sit for a day and stain thru cheesecloth. Store it in the fridge. When your ready add cream or sugar and ice. It will keep 3/4 days, maybe even longer although ours never lasts that long.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Does anyone make cold brewed coffee for iced coffee? My family loves iced coffee in the summer.
    I only drink coffee in the afternoon, and I drink it iced. So my husband makes a full pot of strong coffee in the morning, and I drink what's left over later in the day :-)

We haven't tried cold-brewed coffee, mostly because this arrangement is working.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post

Pour room temp. water over freshly ground coffee of your choice. Let it sit for a day and stain thru cheesecloth. Store it in the fridge. When your ready add cream or sugar and ice. It will keep 3/4 days, maybe even longer although ours never lasts that long.
    Yes! There's a cupcake/coffee place downtown that makes cold-pressed (cold-brewed) coffee which is strong, but not at all bitter.
    The owner gave me a tip for "neat" brewing:
    Make a big "teabag" for the ground coffee to save on cleanup and skip straining. Use either cheesecloth or a big (#4 or larger) cone-shaped coffee filter. Fill it to 3/4 capacity with finely ground coffee. Staple to close securely. Drop it in pitcher, and refrigerate overnight.
    Oh, yeah!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like coffee and I like bacon. Not so sure how I'd like them together. I saw this article and thought it sounded gross but maybe I should suspend judgement until trying it. I'm almost afraid to, though, because drinking liquid bacon sounds like hopping on the fast-track to a heart attack!

Bacon-Flavored Coffee Coming to Seattle's Best
    September 5, 2012 at 9:00AM by Kiri Tannenbaum

An outrageous food concoction served at the Iowa State Fair is coming to your local coffeehouse. The final round of the Seattle's Best "Red Cup Showdown" took place at the fair, where the winner, Eileen Gannon, laid down the gauntlet with her bacon-inspired java. Gannon's winning recipe — which combined Seattle's Best Level 5 coffee with caramelized bacon and hints of pumpkin pie spice — wowed the judges. In addition to scoring the $10,000 prize money, Gannon will see her drink served at Seattle's Best locations across the country.

Gannon first had to beat 13 opponents in a live competition in Iowa City. Then Gannon headed to New York City to compete against the top five winners from state fairs in California, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Illinois. But it was Gannon's secret weapon, bacon, that did the trick. "We wanted to see how Seattle's Best Coffee could be reinvented," said Next Food Network Star and judge Jeff Mauro. "Eileen Gannon really turned coffee on its head with an amazing combination."

No word yet on when we should expect to see the bacon in our coffee. However, when it does hit the shops, we know it will be one mean breakfast combo.

Seattles Best Bacon Flavored Coffee - Iowa State Fair Inspired Coffee - Delish.com
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread