+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

My husband and I love our Keurig! I got so tired of pouring leftover coffee down the drain. Also, it got to where the coffee I was buying in stores (Folgers, Maxwell House, etc.) was just so bitter to me I couldn't even drink it anymore. Some days I want one cup, some days two, some days none. Maybe I want one in the afternoon (in winter). This is perfect for us. I buy the Donut Shop coffee auto-delivery at Amazon...$23.59 for 50, about $.47 a cup (not too bad considering none is wasted). We also like that we can have instant hot water for tea or powdered drinks (good for the kids, no boiling water!).

I love to use a spash of hazlenut syrup, too.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Does anyone remember the thread about the Flavia Fusion? I remember Lambikins started it I think and I bought one from Mudder (maybe) and was just curios as to how long ago this was. My machine stopped working but it sat for a year or so never being used. I have about four rails of the coffee that I can't use. Would sell for cheap if someone has the machine that can use them. They are packets and different than kcups.

Couldn't you just open them and use them in a regular coffee filter?
    Count your blessings!

At home, I have a Dolce Gusto coffeemaker to get me through in-between visits to coffee places
    I love this machine! I really do.I dont drink much coffee, so this works well for me.I love their latte and , vanilla latte. I treat myself once a day.I just wish they would make a green tea.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Has anyone had a Keurig for awhile? I'm interested in buying one and my research suggested that a lot of people start having problems after about a year. I love the convenience (especially being able to use your own filter pod and using fresh ground) but they're pricey little machines if they don't last very long. Any long-term users here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Has anyone had a Keurig for awhile? I'm interested in buying one and my research suggested that a lot of people start having problems after about a year. I love the convenience (especially being able to use your own filter pod and using fresh ground) but they're pricey little machines if they don't last very long. Any long-term users here?
    2 years & still going strong. I'm single & working so it doesn't get a lot of use. Usually just on weekends & an occasional evening cup or when company is over which isn't that often.
    I love it. It's been worth every penny of the cost.
    I found myself making instant coffee at home before I got it, because it just wasn't worth the time, effort, clean up, or wasted coffee to put on a pot for one cup. Even if I had a second, the coffee was stale by the time I drank it.
    Now I just pop in the K-Cup & water & have nice fresh coffee. Cleanup consists of throwing out the K-Cup (unless you use the insert-even that isn't much trouble).
    I got the MiniPlus. Perfect for single people.

As for the cost of K-Cups, I don't find it expensive at all. An 18 pack lasts me a long time.

Also, it seems to be a nice conversation topic: "Ooooohhhh, you have a Keurig! Can I have a cup?" Even those who are used to it seem happy about it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I limit myself to coffee on the weekends because of calories. I like a little coffee with my sugar and whipped cream LOL. My favorite place is Coffee Beanery. We have one here that is part deli and part coffee shop. The vibe is amazing and my favorite drink is the Caramel Crunch Swirl Frap. It tastes like a Toffee Bar frozen and with caffeine. That is our Saturday place. On Sundays, we go to Starbucks but only because of the barista that we've known for about 4 years now. If she were ever to leave, then we'd stop going. I don't like Starbucks as much. I find the coffee to be really bitter with an unpleasant aftertaste. I get the light caramel frap without the whip.

My husband likes Cuban coffee so we purchased an espresso maker a few years ago and he has his beans shipped to the house. He grinds them himself and has his little cup every morning. We thought about getting that fancy coffee maker but figured out that cost was about $3.00 a cup given the amount of coffee he drinks so we decided to not get it. He is in the Navy and the joke is that they have coffee in their veins instead of blood.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I don't care for Starbucks coffee for the same reasons you've given, Harmony2000. It's way too strong/bitter for my taste. I see they have a new Blonde Roast that is supposedly milder. My favorite coffee is still Dunkin donuts Original.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I don't care for Starbucks coffee for the same reasons you've given, Harmony2000. It's way too strong/bitter for my taste. I see they have a new Blonde Roast that is supposedly milder. My favorite coffee is still Dunkin donuts Original.
    Me too, angelic. Love Dunkin Donuts coffee. We have 2 Starbucks in town and I had never been and the curiosity was getting to me. Mind you, this is long after Starbucks had been an established name. So one day I walk in, go up to the barista and asked for a regular cup of coffee. She starts asking tall, short, what have you. I had no idea so asked her to show me which cups were what sizes. I pay for the coffee and she hands me a cup. What??? I've got to pay big bucks for a cup of joe and then have to serve myself? So, I go over to the coffee station, mumbling all the way. I remarked to one lady how ridiculous this was to pay so much and expect me to serve myself coffee.
    "What, she replied, you've never had Starbucks coffee before? Well, you're in for a treat." So off I went, took one sip, and could not for the life of me find what was so wonderful about this coffee. Bitter as all heck. I'll stick with Dunkin' Donuts or my favorite commercial brand, Eight O'Clock Coffee.

Eastcoastmom - Eight O'clock coffee is another favorite of mine in my pantry, always. I love Eight O'Clock coffee. I never tried any of the flavored Eight O'Clock coffees, because I like the regular roast so well.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread