+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

What has happened to the price of coffee? I'm a Maxwell House drinker. Once I'm starting to run low, I check for sales and pick up two tins, 925grams or just over 2lbs. It used to be $5.99 then $7.99 and now $10.99!!!

I was estatic to see it on sale for $5.99, I grabbed two tins, that was the limit. I'll be making my way over there again tomorrow and will pick up two more tins.

MRD

Do you have Aldi's stores? We buy a 2.5 lb can for $4.99. It's some of the best coffee I've ever had. Very robust. The name escapes me, but it's the only can of coffee that size in the store. We were Maxwell house drinkers before we discovered this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

No I don't but I did a quick search for Aldi's and there's one in Buffalo! I often cross the boarder, I will have to pay a little visit. I never heard of it, or noticed it before. Thanks mrd!

I've had a pod coffee maker for about 4 years and love it - but now they have canceled the last variety that I like and I am screwed. Don't buy a Tassimo if you're in the market for one of these, Keurig is definitely winning the market! I originally got a Tassimo because you can make "milk" drinks in them like lattes and cappucinos. I do enjoy those on occasion, but mostly I just need a cup of black coffee first thing in the morning.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I bought my son-in-law a Kuerig and he loves it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm a black coffee drinker too. Its hillarious when I order coffee somewhere, and ask for black, they always ask, cream? sugar? no just black, flavoured? no just black, but I have a silly habit of having to stir it so I need a spoon.

I googled Keurig, nice looking coffee pots. Do they only make single cups? I can't seem to find one that has a pot.

Yes, Keurig is like Tassimo and there was another brand I can't remember at the moment - they are pod coffee makers. They only make one cup at a time. It sounds odd but my husband and I have different tastes in coffee and it made sense for us to make our own.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    I'm a black coffee drinker too. Its hillarious when I order coffee somewhere, and ask for black, they always ask, cream? sugar? no just black, flavoured? no just black, but I have a silly habit of having to stir it so I need a spoon.

I googled Keurig, nice looking coffee pots. Do they only make single cups? I can't seem to find one that has a pot.
    I use cream & sweetener. But I only drink regular coffee, no specialty coffee drinks and I find that regular coffee in places like Starbucks is awful. No wonder they have to add all that junk too it to make it drinkable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I bought myself a Keurig coffee maker after Christmas time, and love it! It's particularly nice if there is one coffee drinker in your household, or for company so everyone can select the coffee of their choice.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not a regular coffee drinker. When I was little, I couldn't stand the smell of coffee, especially on people's breath when they'd been drinking it, and the few times I tried coffee, I didn't like the taste. Things changed when I tried chocolate covered espresso beans for the first time. A co-worker had them and offered some to me. I didn't think I'd like them since I'm not a coffee lover but tried them to be polite. Wow! I really loved them!

The first sort of coffee drink I started having was the Mochalatta Chill at Cinnabon. I began going to the mall to have it pretty regularly after I discovered it. For a few weeks one summer, their machine broke down and while it was being fixed, I went to Barnie's Coffee directly across from Cinnabon to get their iced mocha. When I first started getting it, it tasted too strong to me, not as sweet as the Mochalatta Chill. However, by the time Cinnabon got their machine fixed, I was hooked on it. I got the Mochalatta Chill after weeks of not having it and it tasted overly sweet and unpleasant.

I still don't drink coffee every day. When it's cold outside, I like to stop at a convenience store and get cappuccino but my favorites are still the iced coffee drinks. At Starbucks, I get the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino or Iced Latte and at my favorite coffee place, a local cafe called Bada Bean, I get the Vanilla Badaccino or a Yin-Yang latte (part white chocolate, part dark chocolate).

At home, I have a Dolce Gusto coffeemaker to get me through in-between visits to coffee places.

+ Reply to Thread