+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Crockpot recipes

Re: Crockpot recipes

My current veggie craving is lemon-parmesan lima beans.
    Frozen lima beans cooked with a bit of olive oil, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. Garnish with good-sized shards of shaved parmesan.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3735782;
    Frozen lima beans cooked with a bit of olive oil, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. Garnish with good-sized shards of shaved parmesan.
    I'm not a big fan of limas, but I think that would be GREAT on green peas which are my absolute favorite.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just tasted the Smoky Chipotle Cassoulet that Critical posted here. I made some changes according to what I had available. I used boneless chicken breast - about a pound and a half and added another can of beans in addition to the other two pinto, navy and black (because I had them). I did go ahead and add fresh orange juice. And lots more of the chipotle peppers - a little reckless, but we do like spicy food. Mr. Cootie thought it was pretty spicy, but he was really happy to see something new. He has noticed my cooking lately

Thanks again for the wonderful ideas. I have a pork roast to go in the crock pot next. I am not sure whether it is going to be bbq or carnitas style.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3735834;
    I'm not a big fan of limas, but I think that would be GREAT on green peas which are my absolute favorite.
    And see, I'm not a big fan of peas (unless they're freshly picked and raw, and I'm standing next to the vine in the garden). But I'm sure that would be a great combo. Pretty, too!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3735782;
    Sounds delicious. I love lima beans.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3736425;
    Sounds delicious. I love lima beans.
    OT, but I love lima beans with real butter and pepper.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I got this in an email today and thought all of you might be interested in it.

50 Plus Cookbook -- Crockery Pot Cooking

I have been thinking about getting a crockpot, but I'm concerned that it will make to much food for just one person. I'll eat leftovers, but I do get tired of them after a couple of days. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3739260;
    I have been thinking about getting a crockpot, but I'm concerned that it will make to much food for just one person. I'll eat leftovers, but I do get tired of them after a couple of days. Any thoughts on this?
    You can freeze the extra portions in containers or freezer bags.

There are several different sizes of slow cookers/crockpots as well. But my mindset is that it's a real timesaver to cook large amounts and preserve for quick reheats.

I can do 5 or so different dishes in one afternoon (crockpot, stove and oven), each with 5-6 servings, and that's not counting the crockpot dish that cooked overnight.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3739260;
    I have been freezing the leftovers in individual servings as our family schedule is such that we are all on weird eating times. It has really helped AND I love that when I cook in the crockpot, it's easy and quick to prepare it and turn it on and then I have several days worth of meals from it to choose from in the freezer.

And now I'm doing the oatmeal for breakfast in it 2 times a week and refrigerating those leftovers. It's been a HUGE help this semester for all of us. But I've always loved my crockpot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread