+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Food and Health?

Re: Food and Health?

Made my goal of 7 days today and broke fast this afternoon. Starting up slowly because my gut is empty and I don't know what I currently have for digestive enzymes. I've actually missed cooking, although all the extra free time has been terrific too. Something else I didn't do all week was to clean the kitchen!

I'm doing well, but eating is even better. I did this for health reasons (like cancer and Alzheimer's prevention) but I also wanted to find out how I would handle it. I got to ketosis in 2 days and had a very good ratio of blood ketones to blood glucose, which is what I needed to see. There were many times I felt absolutely fine, but other periods were tough. This is probably the only time of year it would be possible. I do plan to continue to stretch out the time between my last meal of the day and first meal the next day by delaying or skipping breakfast.

The book that inspired me to do this was Thomas Seyfried's "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease". It's a really pricy textbook. I lucked out finding a used copy. There's a lot about him on the internet but not everyone's summary of his protocol is accurate. So finding online videos of his talks would be better. Travis Christofferson's book "Tripping Over the Truth" explains a lot of it too. I've learned a great deal about cancer and where treatments and clinical trials need to head in the future.
    Gutmutter and momrek06 like this.

Well done.
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I'm reading an interesting book by a food psychic. Well, he calls himself a medical medium, but the book is about the health benefits of 50 fruits and veggies. "Life-changing Foods" by Anthony William. Since I'm eating mostly vegetarian anyway, it's interesting to hear his take.
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread