+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

The tart d'alsace is so good. I'm pretty sure it was Critical who first told me about it so I trust her taste. I need to check out the chopped salad and Indian food.

I always get the best avocados there.
    Critical and bachelorwatcher like this.

I forgot to add....their cherry/plums...yummy!
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    The tart d'alsace is so good. I'm pretty sure it was Critical who first told me about it so I trust her taste. I need to check out the chopped salad and Indian food.

I always get the best avocados there.
    Fresh Indian food is always the best, but I think the frozen at TJ's is pretty darned good. The butter chicken with rice is good too, although spicier than the tikka. The lamb vindaloo is good, but WAY too hot for me. Their frozen naan is delicious too. Just a little time right on the oven rack and it comes out perfect. The palak paneer is my favorite, but I save that for the occasional treat.

I got a few avocados there last weekend because my avocado people weren't at the Sunday farmers market (I usually go to a different one on Saturdays). I prefer the farmers market for pretty much everything, but TJ's is way better than the grocery store.

I love the dried Montmorency cherries, especially in the brown sugar and maple oatmeal. The tartness of the cherries cuts the sweetness of the oatmeal. Those cherries are also great in oatmeal cookies.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Has anyone tried these? They look refreshing...

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/aguas-frescas
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

Went to Trader Joe's and got a few things....had this salad for dinner today...added chicken to it. So tasty!!

s1.jpg
    Punkin, Cootie and navybelle like this.

FORT Fogey

Trader Joe's stopped selling cooked lamb. It was one of my favorites.

There are no Trader Joe's stores in Maui, or in all of Hawaii!
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    There are no Trader Joe's stores in Maui, or in all of Hawaii!
    Is there a Whole Foods or any other type of natural food store in Hawaii?

I found out that Trader Joe's has cooked lamb that's frozen. They no longer have cooked lamb that's refrigerated.

FORT Fogey

Trader Joe's has seasonal items. I like the organic Split Pea Soup, but I think it might be a fall item. An employee at the store said they might be getting more in a month, so I'm not sure about the season for that item. Also, the frozen lamb isn't cooked.

As much as I love Mexican food, I had never tried Carne Asada until my DIL bought some at TJ's and made Tacos. Wonderful! She added avocado, pico de gallo and sour cream. So very good!
    Cootie likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread