+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3503079;
    I'm moving July 1st and Trader Joe's will be my closet grocery store. I'll be like an Ellen, jr. lol.

I'm speechless! And laughing . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've decided Trader Joe's is too dangerous for me. I just finished off most of my last treasure trove from there and need to go on a fruit and veggie diet for a while. Although, I'd drive all the way down for another wedge of that Cambozolia cheese... mmmm.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3503179;
    So, did you move to be close to a TJs? I've heard of crazier reasons.

No, but it definitely was a another point in the listing's favor.

GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY!!! It was everything I expected and more. Wow. We left at six in the morning and were home by eight at night and it really went fast. There are much worse drives to take than through Colorado and New Mexico, that’s for sure!

THANK YOU all so much for the suggestions. It really helped to have a list, it definitely stopped the ‘whoa’ head spins and got me focused. It has only been three days so I haven’t tried much, but super thanks to the person who recommended the cornmeal crust pizza. I was a little hesitant but when I saw the Greek one with the feta and kalamata olives, I was all in! I had that as soon as I got home and it was a wonderful start. Also the Blue Fin chardonnay was really good. I’m not a huge chardonnay fan but figured for $4 a bottle I could cook with it. It was fantastic!

My receipt is nineteen inches long so I won’t go through all of it (in my defense, I stocked up on things like the Blue Fin red and white and the $10 glucosamine for dogs and they didn’t do 4@ they just rang them all up one by one) I did get most of the suggestions in this thread, so thank you again for the guidance. I heard about the lasagna parts from lots of people so have enough sauces, noodles, sausage, etc for four. I’m hoping it is half as good as the chicken lasagna I already had, that was fantastic! Things I have to finish in the next few days are the pizza dough and the lobster ravioli and artichoke ravioli, poor me I LOVE the way my pantry and freezer and fridge look and can’t wait to work my way through it all. I am so happy with the amount of food I got for the money I spent. I think I got a very good overall mix of stuff which will definitely give me a good foundation for when I go back.

Tonight hubby is out of town so it is me and my cilantro jalapeno hummus or maybe the olive hummus, or maybe both.
    Wag more, bark less

Nice job, Jamie5632! It is great you got to go on the TJ shopping spree and are enjoying the bounty. My trip to the college graduation an hour away ended with shopping at Trader Joe's too on that same day - I got things for the party at our house which was the following day. The puff pastry was amazing and I used it with pepperjack cheese and home made pork chile verde. Sourdough bread for toast (to eat with TJ cream cheese and TJ sweet chili sauce or lemon curd), flatbread that I put my own pesto on, endive, and a cucumber and sour cream mixture called Tetrazini (or something like that) that I put with cut up chicken and stuffed the endive. Oh yeah, and some crackers that I served with the cream cheese with the sweet chili sauce poured over the top.

There is a small empty grocery store right down the street from my house. It is my dream that a TJ's will be coming there next! I could walk there and the parking lot would be an excellent size. I can only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3506080 View Post
    Nice job, Jamie5632! It is great you got to go on the TJ shopping spree and are enjoying the bounty. My trip to the college graduation an hour away ended with shopping at Trader Joe's too on that same day - I got things for the party at our house which was the following day. The puff pastry was amazing and I used it with pepperjack cheese and home made pork chile verde. Sourdough bread for toast (to eat with TJ cream cheese and TJ sweet chili sauce or lemon curd), flatbread that I put my own pesto on, endive, and a cucumber and sour cream mixture called Tetrazini (or something like that) that I put with cut up chicken and stuffed the endive. Oh yeah, and some crackers that I served with the cream cheese with the sweet chili sauce poured over the top.

There is a small empty grocery store right down the street from my house. It is my dream that a TJ's will be coming there next! I could walk there and the parking lot would be an excellent size. I can only hope!
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm 22 miles away from two TJs & really need one -- preferably that sells wine & beer -- much closer, like around the corner.

Cootie, glad to hear your trip was a success as well! I had to chuckle at your "Oregon - a TJ state" followed quickly by 'ooh, that's where hubby is this week, what did I see and not get back to that he can bring home??'
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3506201;
    Cootie, glad to hear your trip was a success as well! I had to chuckle at your "Oregon - a TJ state" followed quickly by 'ooh, that's where hubby is this week, what did I see and not get back to that he can bring home??'
    Beaverton, Bend, Clackamas, Eugene, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Portland (SE), Portland (NW), Portland (Hollywood) - I have shopped at TJ's since the 1970's in California, so the increasing amount of these stores in Oregon is very exciting to me. Two of these just opened recently. Most of these have no parking issues...

!!! He's in Lake Oswego !!! He's there until Thursday night, I'll feel him out to see just how crazy he thinks I am about it already. Or maybe I'll send him there so he can see it does really exist and rock, ha. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: I just googled where he is, less than a half mile away from TJ. He's with a bunch of engineers (he's one too so no offense meant) and happy to have the distraction for a bit.
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 06-17-2009 at 01:22 AM.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3506252;
    !!! He's in Lake Oswego !!! He's there until Thursday night, I'll feel him out to see just how crazy he thinks I am about it already. Or maybe I'll send him there so he can see it does really exist and rock, ha. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: I just googled where he is, less than a half mile away from TJ. He's with a bunch of engineers (he's one too so no offense meant) and happy to have the distraction for a bit.
    That was the first TJ's I discovered in Oregon. I was driving to a conference in Portland and saw the sign for Trader Joes and thought I was hallucinating! I stopped by on my way south and knew at that point that I could keep living happily in Oregon due to the invasion of my favorite food store.

I hope he can go by there and at least pick up some prepared food for lunch. And challenge him to find you something interesting to bring home!

+ Reply to Thread