+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2161626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I tried to shop at Trader Joe's yesterday in Eugene on my way home from a meeting, but it was so crowded, I decided I could wait. That store is pretty small. I'll try again next week.

I tried the frozen Trader Joe's Shepherd's Pie today. When I picked it up I thought it looked good and was surprisingly low fat. Unfortunately it does NOT live up to the photo! It tastes of like bland dirt. I'm about to go throw it away. I really hate wasting food, but I want to enjoy the calories I'm trying to limit!

I FINALLY have a local Trader Joe's! I realized I started this thread for my road trip four years ago. One opened up a mile from my office last Friday. I ran in a few days ago to 'grab a few things' and it was crazy. I went in early this morning to get one of the amazing salads I've heard so much about and it was much more reasonable. I did see a product I've had before and loved (their sea salt scrub) and had the "I need to get that because my sugar scrub will run out soon" and then had the big pause/lightbulb flash of "or I can wait and come back then because it's here now!!" We did try their flank steak stuffed with spinach, feta and red peppers and wow was it good. I'm beyond thrilled to finally be one of the 'cool kids' that can comment on things I've tried instead of sighing wistfully at all of you. YAY.

EDIT: TOTALLY in love with the lemon chicken salad. They had so many to choose from (I also grabbed a roasted beet one for tomorrow) that I am seriously considering just working my way through them in the next few weeks and figuring out which ones I like best.
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 02-20-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Punkin, Ellen, Gutmutter and 1 others like this.
    Wag more, bark less

Congratulations! I just hit our TJs - an hour away and stocked up on all my naughty food.
    Jamie5632 and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    Count your blessings!

Has anyone tried the dark chocolate bar filled with the Speculoos cookie spread?
    football_chick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I tried the frozen shells with brie and asparagus last night and it's pretty good. Not up there with the refrigerated mushroom tortellini with spinach and asparagus, but still good.

I have a bag of the chocolate covered sea salt butterscotch caramels that I'm trying to ration. It's so tempting to gobble them all up in one sitting!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm fighting with myself over whether to go to TJs this weekend. I found a list of the most popular foods bought and I hadn't tried most of them!!!
    Frozen Joe's Diner mac n cheese, chile lime chicken burgers, marcona almonds with rosemary, mandarin orange chicken, reduced guilt spinach and kale greek yogurt dip. and pineapple juice.
    Count your blessings!

I saw that list too, Gut. I wanted to immediately head over to TJ's and try them all!

Damn! They have stopped carrying their Biryani again. AGAIN!

I had the BEST time at TJ's today!!!! I had my list of things I wanted to try from the most purchased items that were on the internet. The checkout guy thought everything I was buying was on the list, but then I told him some of them were my personal favorites and then he tried to guess what was on the list and what my favorites were. We were both laughing. Then I told him I was splurging on all this because my birthday is tomorrow so he sent someone to get me flowers. I protested, laughing, but I ended up with free red roses. They really know what they're doing. If I wasn't already a fan, I would be now.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread