+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

We definitely have a ton of those; I should have looked when we were down at Uwajimaya (giant Asian grocery store in the ID).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Punjab spinach sauce. Organic tofu. Soy nuggets.

I stopped by on my way home from the airport last night armed with a list I made from suggestions here. So far everything is delicious! I also got some cheese that is like a cross between camembert and blue that is wonderful, custardy cakes with sour cherries in the frozen desserts that are yum, and a cranberry walnut tart in the dessert area that is good (but rich). I'm going to have to go on a salad diet next week! Thanks to everyone for some great suggestions!
    Count your blessings!

Double-posting because I just have to know... what is up with gnocchi? This is the first time I've had it and the gorganzola sauce is delish, but the gnocchi are like little globs of paste. Is it something you have to grow up with to appreciate?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3495895;
    Double-posting because I just have to know... what is up with gnocchi? This is the first time I've had it and the gorganzola sauce is delish, but the gnocchi are like little globs of paste. Is it something you have to grow up with to appreciate?
    LOL!
    Ok...gnocchi is a potato dumpling. It's made by "ricing" hot potatoes which is mixed with a little flour, egg and grated cheese (optional). Fresh gnocchi has a soft consistency and creamy texture. I have never had a frozen gnocchi that comes close to freshly made. If you ever have an opportunity to order freshly made gnocchi in an authentic Italian restaurant or if you ever have the chance to make it, you will love it! But, the Gorgonzola Gnocchi from Traders Joes is not that bad for frozen....
    Here is one of my favorite gnocchi recipes:

http://www.lidiasitaly.com/first-cou...gh-for-gnocchi

I'll have to take your word on it... and figure out who to give the second bag of gorgonzola gnocchi to.
    Count your blessings!

I love gnocchi. I did grow up with it and it remains my hands-down favorite dish. I don't make it as often as I'd like but when I do I either use the potato recipe that was linked to by Ginger or my Mom's recipe which uses Ricotta in place of the potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3496230;
    I'll have to take your word on it... and figure out who to give the second bag of gorgonzola gnocchi to.
    Yoo hoo! Over here! I will take that second bag! I am sorry you didn't like it. Honestly though, if you have fresh gnocchi you will change your mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3496231;
    I love gnocchi. I did grow up with it and it remains my hands-down favorite dish. I don't make it as often as I'd like but when I do I either use the potato recipe that was linked to by Ginger or my Mom's recipe which uses Ricotta in place of the potatoes.
    Really Bunny? You use ricotta instead of the potatoes? Do you have a recipe? I would love to try it!

I just realized I can use the sauce discs with something else, like broccoli, and use the gnocchi to paste things in my scrapbook! Loved the garlic naan! The cheese I got and loved is called "cambozolia".
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I've had fresh and frozen gnocci and the difference is amazing. Pototos don't freeze well in my opinion and I think that is what makes the frozen not as good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread