+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I've had my eye on those coconut cashews the last few times I've been in. I just don't think I could go through a whole bag of them!!

A few weeks ago they sampled some pumpkin ravioli that was quite tasty. I might have to grab some of that before they stop carrying it! They sampled it with just a little grated parmesan, but I bet it would be great with just a bit of fresh alfredo sauce...

Oh, you'll go through it, no problem! Especially if you let anyone else try them. When I buy nuts, I put them in clear, plastic Talenti gelato containers and have them at work, near the tv, and in the kitchen. I also like the sesame seed covered almonds. I keep any I'm not likely to eat soon in the freezer until the others run out.
    Count your blessings!

I got a new salad on my last trip and OMG. SO GOOD! This one is the Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken. It has fresh greens, Israeli Couscous, currants, Asiago cheese, toasted pecans and a really yummy creamy Basil dressing, as well as red peppers, corn and some other veggies. I'm totally buying it again!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, one out of two isn't so great. The Walnut Gorgonzola salad was a bust. Seemed like a great idea. Fresh greens, walnuts, Gorgonzola, tomatoes....what could go wrong? SUPER bitey vinaigrette. what a bummer. I couldn't even finish it. Why anyone would pair Gorgonzola with a really sharp-tasting dressing, I don't know.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well, one out of two isn't so great. The Walnut Gorgonzola salad was a bust. Seemed like a great idea. Fresh greens, walnuts, Gorgonzola, tomatoes....what could go wrong? SUPER bitey vinaigrette. what a bummer. I couldn't even finish it. Why anyone would pair Gorgonzola with a really sharp-tasting dressing, I don't know.
    I agree. The Walnut Gorgonzola salad is good -- but with my own dressing.
    For that salad, I make a dressing with a local avocado oil (or a local late-harvest olive oil -- both have a fresh, buttery taste) with a little bit of farmers' market avocado blossom honey, pinch of salt and a couple quick grinds of black pepper.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That would have been perfect, Ellen! Your dressing sounds like a much better fit with that salad. If I buy it again I'll definitely make my own dressing.

Funny that I was sure I would LOVE the walnut Gorgonzola salad, but wasn't sure about the one with the Israeli couscous and tons of veggies. I loved that one and didn't like the one I thought would be delicious.

That would have been perfect, Ellen! Your dressing sounds like a much better fit with that salad. If I buy it again I'll definitely make my own dressing.
    And IIRC, you're in the Bay Area? If so, you have easy access to avocado oil and good local honey.

Yep, we definitely get great avocados and local honey up here.
    Ellen likes this.

I got a new salad on my last trip and OMG. SO GOOD! This one is the Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken. It has fresh greens, Israeli Couscous, currants, Asiago cheese, toasted pecans and a really yummy creamy Basil dressing, as well as red peppers, corn and some other veggies. I'm totally buying it again!
    LOL, I just posted about this salad on the last page! It is excellent!

I tried the pumpkin ravioli with a simple, freshly made alfredo sauce the other day and it was DELICIOUS!!!
    Critical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I tried the pumpkin ravioli with a simple, freshly made alfredo sauce the other day and it was DELICIOUS!!!
    The pumpkin ravioli, because it's kind of sweet, makes a good brunch dish -- topped with a little crème fraîche or greek yogurt, with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg or cinnamon. (kind of pumpkin pie-ish)

+ Reply to Thread