+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I finally bought some of the pre-cooked frozen rice on my last visit and it's really good! I bought the Jasmine rice because it's my favorite and the frozen Palak Paneer that I love comes without rice. I hate even turning on the stove in the summer, so this is a nice solution.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We have Whole Foods in the Tulsa area but no Trader Joes.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There is something with Trader Joe's (and Aldi's) that might drive you crazy. They have this nasty habit of discontinuing items that you like.

Seriously ... when you go there ask then to look :in back" ... ask a manager when deliveries come in and go on that day. If it continues to be "out" ... it is possible it has been discontinued and will be replaced with something new. This happens frequently ... and I think it is a technique to keep you buying "new" products.
    Oh, I hate it when stores do that! Don't you dare get rid of something I've come to like!! Especially if you're the only store in town that carries an item like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I finally bought some of the pre-cooked frozen rice on my last visit and it's really good! I bought the Jasmine rice because it's my favorite and the frozen Palak Paneer that I love comes without rice. I hate even turning on the stove in the summer, so this is a nice solution.
    Ooooh! I bought some last time I went too ... the Jasmine rice. So glad I did.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The last trip I made I tried something new that I can't get enough of - coconut covered cashews. I've always loved their sesame seed covered almonds, but this is a completely different level of deliciousness. I don't know if it's a new product or if I just never noticed them before, but if you like coconut (very finely shredded - like dust) I highly recommend it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The last trip I made I tried something new that I can't get enough of - coconut covered cashews. I've always loved their sesame seed covered almonds, but this is a completely different level of deliciousness. I don't know if it's a new product or if I just never noticed them before, but if you like coconut (very finely shredded - like dust) I highly recommend it.
    I worry that the coconut has too much cholesterol ... and then I buy those dark chocolate orange jellies that are pure sugar. I am such a cheater!

Mohandas Gandhi

*sigh* That was a scientific gaff - a poorly run test. I've done a lot of research on coconut oil and it is very beneficial.
    Count your blessings!

I was looking for a quick lower-fat meal yesterday and picked up the Trader Joe's Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled White Chicken. It had Israeli couscous, which I have never thought to put in a salad before. It didn't need nearly all of the dressing they include, but I usually feel that way about salad dressing. It was quite tasty and nice and fresh for a prepackaged salad. My only small complaints would be that some of the lettuce pieces were HUGE and the chicken wasn't great. I could have just tossed the chicken out and it would have been just as good.

I'm going to throw together my own version for dinner tonight!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Trader Joe's is opening here on 10/31! I haven't been to one since 2003 when I was in Seattle, so I'm psyched. Not that I either (a) am going on the opening day or (b) have a lot of cash to throw around, but I'm hoping for some good opening bargains and tasty foods I've heard mentioned here.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Trader Joe's is opening here on 10/31! I haven't been to one since 2003 when I was in Seattle, so I'm psyched. Not that I either (a) am going on the opening day or (b) have a lot of cash to throw around, but I'm hoping for some good opening bargains and tasty foods I've heard mentioned here.

Halloween!
    MAybe you can "Trick or Treat" and get some samples too!
    Ellen likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread